14

"I look stupid!" She shouted from inside the dressing room.

"Stop being a drama queen and get out here." Her mom called back.

Ana walked out of the fitting room, with a look of disgust on her face.

"If I have to wear this so does Lennon."

"You are the bridesmaid, you're going to wear what your cousin wants you to wear. Plus your sister is singing she isn't part of the wedding party. It's just going to be you and Danny's brother.  It doesn't even look that bad."

Ana looked down at the dress. Ana was more than fine with this rustic look that Elena wanted, but it was brown and had probably had more tulle than half the wedding dresses in there.

"You're a shitty liar." She rolled her eyes.

Elena came walking back with one of the sales girl.

"Hmm. I don't think I like it on her. It looked different online. not as dark." She thought out loud.

Thank goodness Ellie was coming to her senses, because Ana did not want picture of her in this dress haunting her forever.

"Can I take this off now?" She huffed as Ellie and the sales girl looked at something on Ellie's phone.

"Oh yeah! Go ahead. We'll have something new in a minute."

Her mother came in a few minutes later with a garment bag, "Okay, so good news is, you get to wear your brown cowgirl boots to go with the rustic feel."

"I feel like there's going to be bad news also..."

"Your boobs are going to look so good in this, and they even look like they're getting bigger."

"Mom!"

"Okay, so its basically the same dress except in an off white color. They just have a denim shirt for you to put on over the top. The picture they showed me was actually cute. We put one of those fishtail braids in your hair. I think when you have it on and your hair and make up are done, you'll actually like it."

Ana just wanted to go home at this point

Ana just wanted to go home at this point. If it would get her out of here sooner she'd buy that hideous brown monstrosity and hightail it back to Chicago. She was tired, had a headache and she was fairly certain that the flip flop in the weather was getting her sick. She wanted a cup of tea and her bed, and she usually hated tea.

"Just give me the damn dress so we can leave."

"Alright, Oscar the Grouch. Calm yourself."

Ana slipped the dress on and turned so her mother could zip her up. she slipped on the denim shirt and tied it up at the waist. It actually wasn't that bad, and her mother was right, once everything came together it would actually be cute. She was definitely not going to let her mother know that though.

She walked out of the dressing room once again standing on the small platform.

"You look so cute!" Elena squealed, "I love it! Oh this is going to be perfect!"

"Great! The sample size seems a little snug, do you want to get the next size and we can alter it?" The sales girl asked.

"No! This size is fine." She glared, "can I change now?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

Ana was sure she was over reacting, but she had heard enough comments about her weight and clothes looking snug to last a life time.

This sales girl in particular went to school with Ana, and they were not exactly friendly towards one another.

She meet her mom and Ellie at the register to pay for her pay for her dress.

"I got the order started, you sure you don't want me to buy the dress sweetie?" Her mother asked trying to sooth her by rubbing her back.

"No, don't worry about it. I just want to go home."

***
Ana was startled awake by someone trying to get into her apartment. She wasn't exactly sure what to do, it was like she was frozen until she heard a banging.

"Ana, open the damn door."

She opened the door to find Megan with two coffee cups in her hand.

"Since it wants to act like winter, I decided to get us winter drinks."

"What are you doing here?" she yawned.

"Just in the neighborhood and decided to drop by. Plus, you have yet to tell me what happened that night with Niall!"

"Nothing happened. We went back to his room, played truth or drink, then I left."

"Boring!"

"What did you expect?"

"I don't know. Willie said he's been bummed since that night."

"You're still talking to him?"

"Yes. He's actually very nice. The accent doesn't hurt either!" She winked, "so what happened?"

"He wanted me to stay with him. He was obviously drunk, so I left."

"Hmmm. Okay. But he's been a total buzzkill apparently and it's your fault."

"He knew I had a boyfriend. He can have any girl he wants, he'll get over it." She rolled her eyes.

"Okay, I have to go to the bathroom, but when I come back we're discussing your father! Fuck, do you have any tampons? I didn't throw enough in my purse apparently." She said digging through her bag.

"They're might be some under the sink. I haven't started mine yet."

"That can't be right, your always the week before me. You're times must be mixed up."

Ana froze on her way to the kitchen.

"What?"

"Yeah, I always start mine a week after you. You really haven't gotten yours? Weird! Hope you're not pregnant!" She joked.

Ana slipped on her shoes and grabbed her keys credit card and sweatshirt and ran to the nearest drug store.

She couldn't be pregnant. Her last period was the first weekend of March. It was April... Fuck, what day was it? She pulled out her phone and weaved through the crowd of people walking.

April 16th. Fuck, she should have been on her period in LA. Why didn't she pay better attention? But Benny always made sure he had a condom, and she was getting that birth control shot.

This is just some weird fluke because she could not be pregnant. They had only been together two months. It was too soon. Ana was barely able to take care of herself, she can't take care of a baby.

What was she going to do?

***
As soon as she got back into her apartment a terrified Megan was waiting.

"Where the hell did you go? You couldn't even answer your phone?"

"Shut up! Just start reading directions!" She said chugging her water dumping the full bag of pregnancy tests.

"I'm going to need more water."