The Break Up

"Mark, I'm going to LA."

Mark ruffled Jinyoung's hair. "Jinyoung, if you're planning to play around with me don't use that line. It's not funny."

"But Mark I'm serious." Jinyoung insisted.

Mark sighed and leaned his back on the couch. "Jinyoung, I thought you said that you already rejected that offer."

Jinyoung looked down as he played with Mark's fingers. "I did but Jaebum offered me that job again saying that they offer a good salary and with that I can pay my debt to Jackson and Bambam and also Jaebum."

Mark furrowed his eyebrows. "You had a debt with Jaebum?"

Jinyoung slowly nodded his head. "He lent me some money to complete the amount that we needed for mom's operation. I rejected it at first but when I saw mom in pain, that's when I decided to accept it so that mom can have the transplant right away and... I kept it from you. I'm so sorry."

Mark slowly pulled his hand from the younger. "Why did you keep it from me?"

"Because I know that you won't agree with it."

Mark stood up. "You can't go there."

Mark was about to walk away but he stopped when he heard Jinyoung speak. "I have to go Mark. I need that job to pay everything and I still need to support mom with her aftercare."

"I told you we can do something about it Jinyoung. You don't have to go far away from us."

Jinyoung stood up and shook his head. "Even if I will find another job here and work day and night, it's still not enough. The job in LA is the only choice I have."

"So you're going to leave me?" Mark asked.

"Mark it's only 2 years, after my contract I promise to comeback and we can resume preparing for our wedding." Jinyoung said.

"Only? Only 2 years? Jinyoung, don't you know that a second away from you is already too much for me, how much more if it's 2 years." Mark turned his back.

Jinyoung moved closer and wrapped his arms around Mark's waist. "Baby please, I need this job."

Mark yanked Jinyoung's arms and he turned to face the younger. "Just tell me the truth Jinyoung, this is only just for your self! It's your dream to work overseas right?"

Jinyoung sighed. "Yes, it's my dream but Mark I already told you that I'm not doing this just for myself. I'm doing this for mom and also for you. Why can't you just understand me?"

Mark sighed as he washed his face with his hands. "Then choose... me... or your job in LA."

Jinyoung looked at Mark in disbelief. "Mark..."

"Just choose Jinyoung. Me or that job?" Mark sternly said.

Jinyoung shook his head. "Mark you can't do this to me. You cannot just let me choose like that!"

"Just choose."

"Mark, no! It's not a –"

"Choose!"

"I can't! You can't do this to me!"

"Just choose Jinyoung!"

"Mark please!"

"Jinyoung choose!"

"I said I can't! Why can't you just listen to me?!!"

"I SAID CHOOSE!"

"MY JOB!!!"

Silence.

"Mark..." Jinyoung muttered as he took a step towards Mark.