The Truth

Jaebum brought Yugyeom to the park, he was thinking about what Mark has said to him about winning Yugyeom's heart that's why he wanted to spend some time with Yugyeom. They were playing in the park when Yugyeom asked Jaebum to buy him an ice cream.

"Jaebum appa, I want to eat ice cream." Yugyeom said while tugging the hem of Jaebum's shirt.

Jaebum smiled at Yugyeom. "Okay, Jaebum appa will buy an ice cream for you. Just wait here okay?"

Yugyeom nodded his head and continued to play with his mini basketball toy set. Jaebum left him to buy an ice cream, when Jaebum came back he saw Yugyeom running to get his ball that was rolling on the street. Jaebum saw a car approaching, he suddenly dropped the ice cream that he was holding and he ran as fast as he could while shouting Yugyeom's name.

"YUGYEOM-AHH!!!!"

But he was too late, Yugyeom was already lying on the street and he was surrounded by people. Jaebum ran and he kneeled down beside the boy.

"Yugyeom? Yugyeom-ah?! Baby wake up!" Jaebum called while shaking Yugyeom who was already unconscious.

Luckily, the ambulance came on time and they rushed Yugyeom to the nearest hospital. Jaebum was in panic, he didn't know what to do. He was so scared that something bad will happen to Yugyeom, when he already managed to calm himself he called Jinyoung.

Mark was showing the sketch of his new design furniture to Jinyoung when suddenly Jinyoung's phone rang. Jinyoung looked at the callers name and he saw it was Jaebum. Jinyoung looked at Mark and the older smiled at him and nodded his head. Jinyoung stood up and went to a corner to answer the call.

"Hello Jaebum?"

Jaebum was panting and his voice was shaking. "Jinyoung..."

"What is it?"

"Jinyoung, Yugyeom was hit by a car."

Silence.

"Tell me that you're just kidding Jaebum." Jinyoung said as his eyes started to get wet with tears.

"I'm so sorry Jinyoung." Jinyoung could hear Jaebum sobbing on the other line.

Jinyoung shook his head, he didn't want to believe what Jaebum was saying. "No, it's not true."

Mark stood up when he heard Jinyoung nearly sobbing and he stood behind the younger.

"We're rushing him to the nearest hospital, I will send you the name of it." Jaebum said before hanging up the phone.

"No Jaebum! Wait!"

"Is there something wrong?" Mark held Jinyoung's shoulders and turned him around to face him. He was startled when he saw Jinyoung crying and he wiped the younger's tears. "Tell me what happened?"

Jinyoung sniffed and he looked at Mark. "Mark... Yu-Yugyeom..."

Jinyoung cried so hard, as he pulled Mark into a tight hugged. Mark returned the hug while caressing Jinyoung's back. "Something happened to Yugyeom, Mark."

Mark pulled away and he looked at Jinyoung. "What happened to him?"

"Jaebum told me that he was hit by a car."

And just like that, Mark got his car keys, he grabbed Jinyoung's wrist and they rushed to the hospital after Jinyoung received a text message from Jaebum. When they arrived at the hospital, they went straight to the emergency room and there, they saw Jaebum outside sitting on the bench and his shirt was covered with Yugyeom's blood.

Jaebum looked up and he saw Jinyoung and Mark approaching him. He stood up and was about to hug Jinyoung but the younger grabbed his collar instead. "What did you do to him?"