Realisation and Decision

A/n: Yeah people I left at  kind of cliffhanger I really enjoy doing that :D

This chapter is a shocker, even to me. When I started it I did't know it will take such direction but here we are.

In the end you will know...so pretty please leave comments people, might update earlier than planned ;)

Laserian

You do good things people will just pass by , make one mistake and that will be remembered for life. My mistake came back to haunt me but now I was in compromise with the fact.

And hell it was relief to admit it to myself, I was glad that I didn't kill her. She didn't seem dangerous on the contrary she was so likable. If someone ice cold as me can like her, she was something.

"Laserian are you even listening to me?" Eibhir yelled out in clear frustration.

I recounted to him the time I was sent to kill the human with this scent as she will affect the fate and blah, blah, blah. Since I took a liking to Amber, I usually ditched all my rules and tradition, blah, blah, blah.

"I am." I said shortly.

He huffed in frustration clearly aware of my non present mind.

"Why me?" I asked now frustrated and feeling majorly screwed.

"because you are our best, and because I trust you to finish the task. I am disappointed in you Laserian." He said now pacing the floor with a fisted palm.

I could see he was trying to control his anger, all Hoods has anger issues. In our defence we do have a animal side to us.

"Get the job done Laserian." He said from midst of his gritted teeth.

I let the feeling sink in...Get the job done...that means kill Amber Mikelson. Multiple things played in my mind, everything about her and I made a snap decision.

"I can't." I said it like a whisper to myself, like it was a realisation.

It was true, I can't kill Amber. Seeing her worried and hurt agitates me to peak, there is no way in hell I could kill her.

"What did you just said?" Eibhir asked in a controlled but angry tone.

I looked at Marc now who had look of sympathy...and pride in his eyes. And that was all the courage I needed.

"I said I can't, I won't kill her. It is not like she had done anything to harm the tribe. She has been nothing but friendly to all of us. Her father is a vet, a healer for animals. You have to give me plausible cause to kill her." I said my voice raising reasonably to cause the wary look on everyone's face.

I wanted to feel sorry or guilty for my rash behaviour towards my tribe, my leader but I did not. I was too angry. When it came to anger issues I am the worst among the hoods. I am an outcast , sort of feared because of the Panther form that I take. So when I was getting angry it was clear why others around me looked wary, everyone except Marc ofcourse.

"Laserian, you are questioning the authority of your Leader." Isla said in a small voice.

She loved me like a son but respected the rules and especially her husband.

"It is said, we even have the scent of the person that might harm the Hoods." Eibhir tried to say the words in anger but it came out in desperation to give me a reason.

Well, so I was lying to them and for too long to myself, even if there was a reason I will not kill Amber. I will try to find a solution, another path, I can't kill her.