Family Matters

Amber

I moved next to Ian, to give him both moral and physical support. He looked shocked and lost for words. Matt had a similar expression on his face.

The whole crowd standing there murmured among themselves.

No one knew, no one had a clue about this.

"Is this true?" Matt was standing next to Ailis now.

She gave her a deathly glare but Matt didn't even flinch a bit. His eyes were watering and he looked straight into Ailis' eyes not scared of the savage beast she was.

"Why would I hate my own brother, if it was not the truth?" She snarled at him.

This time, Matt staggered back a bit and now turned to look at Ian. I was helpless in this situation.

And the next thing I knew Ailis attacked Matt, her arm trapping his neck and other hand raised to scratch him on the point from where he will bleed the most.

"Now Laserian, make a choice. Let him die and I leave this place with at least the satisfaction of killing a half breed or save your brother and i will go on a killing spree." She was challenging Ian now.

Others Hoods growled and I realised that not all of them were narrow-minded and brain washed, some cared for Ian as he was.

What worried me now was Ian's decision, he didn't particularly liked Matt so this might not be much of a threat to him but then again, he just found out that he was supposedly his dead brother was alive.

Matt was strong but not as strong as wild Ailis who thrived on animal senses.

For a split second, Ian looked at me with pleading eyes and I gave him a slight nod. Same happened with Marc as he gave the nod of approval. That was all Ian needed as he leapt into action.

Now Ailis might be savage but Ian was lethal and intelligent. The fear grew in her eyes as she saw him transform and made the choice of choosing his only family left. It happened so fast as Ian jumped wounding Ailis's leg making her loose her balance. This gave Matt his chance to stagger away from her and transform into the grey wolf I have seen in the forest, the first animal I encountered in this town. I gasped in surprised and so did many others when they saw a Quantum shift in a wolf.

Ailis was on the floor and Ian's paw was on her stomach. I applied all my energy to stop her from shifting back to her animal form. Ian snarled at her but as cunning as she was she pulled out a dagger. She was about to hit Ian when leapt away gracefully dodging her attack.

All the other Hoods, who supported Ian were in animal form now. And so did Quantums. Some just stood there not sure who to support. But the wilder , more animals ones joined back in the battle. It was like my effort was all useless.

Suddenly a thunderous roar shattered the commotion. It was a roar that sent a tremble through my heart and everyone stilled beside the Quantums who bowed down.

"Father." Ailis yelled but Ian looked at the huge golden lion with defiance.

So he was the true Quantum leader, Ailis' father. He had the eyes of green forest leaves with an evil edge to them. He looked with menace at everyone around and sauntered towards his daughter.

Hoods advanced forward but the lion just gave them a steely look and they all backed off. Even I was frozen, with fear and with shock. What was I suppose to do?

My mind was not functioning as I stood there looking at a huge army rendered helpless in front of a man. Now I realised why Eibhir ruled, he held the power to face this mammoth creature. I have seen his tiger form it was huge, bigger than an original tiger.