Anchor

Laserian

I knew, I knew there was something wrong with that stupid Mattix but I didn't knew his sibling was trouble also. What was Ailis doing meeting with Eibhir. Did Eibhir know that Ailis was a quantum?

There were so many questions and so much to worry about.

We can't do much with the information that Mattix's were Quantums. Well atleast Amber listened to my pleas and was staying away from stupid Talfryn. Whenever she was with him I burned with jealousy.

When Liosa asked what Ailis was doing at mansion, she said she was there for Hood related contract. I don't believe it, Quantum and I have trust issues.

Week passed and we were at same position we started. Someone was following Amber and I was on twenty four seven protection duty. Wasn't I suppose to kill her? Now it felt like a joke or a bad dream. I can't even see tears in her eyes let alone hurt her.

So I took the most suitable role, of being her protector. I was really calm around her.

Sometimes it scared me , to imagine a day without her and even in imagination it was excruciatingly painful. What was happening to me?

"Laser, trouble." Iramus came in looking terrified.

"What happened?" I asked trying to use my calming voice.

"Umm....there has been a Quantum attack." He said and looked at me cautiously.

"So, Hoods soldier will handle it."

"No, no, I mean its not normal. It is a killing spree downtown market...and Amber is in the cafe." He said slowly.

I know why he was terrified. Because as soon as I heard about danger around Amber my sense filled with anger. A growl erupted from me and Iramus looked wary.

I transformed into panther and ran towards the market.

***

Where is Marc when you need him?

Oh I remember, Marc was try to talk to Eibhir.

Terian was thankfully with Amber inside the cafe.

Seven Quatums surrounded me and Iramus, who was in cheetah form. Even Quantums were scared of me, I can see it in their eyes. My form was something dangerous for both Hoods and Quantums.

Before I came, three people were dead. The market was almost empty but there will still some civilians. I just wanted them to stay away from Amber. But like my luck sucks each time, Amber walked out of the cafe with Terian in follow.

A shocked and horrified look crossed his eyes as he saw the scenario. I guess he didn't get the memo of Quantum party right outside or maybe he did and had no idea that we were this outnumbered.

Me and Hoods were not on best of terms and Marc was not here to call for help. But as soon as Amber stepped out all the attention shifted to her. My breathing caught in my throat as I saw all the Quantums staring at Amber with intent to kill.

I growled with menace towards Quantums as a warning to stay away from what was mine. And before I could even comprehend, a quantum in form of snake bit the lady near the flower shop and she diedd on spot.

I was suppose to be a guardian of human race and right in front of me a woman dropped dead. Red filled my eyes and rage surged through my mind. For this while my animal who was trained to fight took over the human side and attacked.