An artist's rendition

Amber Mikelson

Hot and cold, that is how Ian made me feel. And surprisingly I was getting used to it. He did some things that made my heart race and other things just made me snap at him. Out of all the weird things in the world, he made me feel warm.

Does it make sense? Maybe it doesn't but whatever it is not like we were best of friends or even colleagues that his behaviour will bother me.

But he was there every day, without missing, without tardiness ; at the cafe. Had he been a regular before I joined in? No, Josephine and Terian confirmed he never came unless it was with the band.

Then why did he come here daily? Then why did sometimes my eyes meet his amber ones ? Then why did he tell me about the name he liked to be called, it seems even Marc didn't knew it.

Call me optimist, but I considered it a good sign. And as far as I was concerned I have developed my very own tiny crush on town's dangerous boy, Laserian.

And why wouldn't I? He was in a band, he write songs, he looks sexy as hell and he has saved me from falling to my death. These things were enough to have a crush not to mention the shiver that kisses my nerves every time he is around or the bird that flutters in my chest when he speaks.

I smiled at the memory of the night stroll few days ago. He was almost nice, he even gave me his diary.

And man can he write lyrics? I was swooning like a romantic fool over them when I am not even like that. People said he was ice cold, cold hearted, Ice Prince and blah, blah but his words in his diary said otherwise.

"So this is what you have so far, and you know only two weeks are left for the carnival?" Mr. Byran said making me shrink a bit.

Boss, even the word scared me a bit.

"I have an amazing idea." I said in small voice.

"I am hearing."

"Well we can show the hidden beauties of Westwend, people ignore and sometimes forget. I have listed five such locations." I said now opening my notepad in a clumsy attempt.

Mr. Byran looked interested and I thank the higher powers for this.

Finally my stupid notepad opened.

"There is the place down the lake, from where you can see the whole town. It looks beautiful. And then- " I was rambling now too excited before Bryan coughed.

I looked up and sighed lightly to see he was not angry.

"I like the idea. Will you able to complete it before the carnival?" He asked sternly.

"Yes sir." I said with confidence.

Though I only found three places for my project I can come up two more in freaking fifteen days, can't I?

I am sure I knew about this town more than the longest living person here.

***

"So , two more places, this damn google is doing this just to me. It answers every question for everyone else." I said hurting my laptop in process.

I almost pushed it away and looked at the empty spot of my lovely pet. Panther had the habit if disappearing now and then. And I didn't object, before becoming my pet he was a street dog so I didn't want it to feel like he was in a cage. And what mattered was he always returned back to me.

"Panther, don't you know any place in town." I said to the air in front of me.

And like he could hear me with some supersonic hearing he walked in lazily, like he was the prince of the place.