College Roommates

Cancer muttered something under her breath as she opened the door to possibly the messiest apartment in the world. "I am going to move out of here, one day or another, unless someone actually takes the time to clean this up."

She stepped into the room and avoided a small cactus in a pot, a plastic bag with a fast food logo on it, and a fluffy red pillow.

"You guys better clean up this mess or I'll move out of here!" Cancer yelled. She dropped the two bags of take out food on the portable table in the middle of the room and hurried to the bathroom.

She put her hand on the knob and opened the door -

"GET OUT!" Aries screamed, nearly crushing Cancer's fingers under the door. "THEN LOCK THE DOOR!" Cancer screamed back, clearly not in the mood for dealing with idiots.

The bathroom forgotten, she turned around and grumpily entered the living room again, flopping down on the couch after brushing away an empty crisp packet.

"Guys?" she said wearily. "I've got lunch. Chinese takeout, it says." she closed her eyes and leaned back on the couch with a sigh.

"Actually, Taurus's cooking." Virgo said, popping her head around the corner. "I just got some groceries, so you can leave that for dinner or something."

Cancer groaned loudly. "You put it in the refrigerator. I'm not bothered." 

"K." Virgo appeared to be unaffected by Cancer's mood and skipped off to the kitchen with the takeout.

"Ugh, look at this mess!" Gemini flopped down onto the couch beside Cancer. "Someone go clean it up."

"You clean it yourself!" Cancer snapped back, not opening her eyes. Gemini pretended not to hear and pulled out his phone.

They sat in silence for a while, Gemini texting someone and Cancer just inwardly grumbling about life.

The door opened and Aquarius walked into the apartment. "Are you guys still sulking?" he asked, frowning slightly. He picked up some of the trash on the ground and stuffed it into a garbage bag he was so conveniently holding.

"I'm NOT sulking." Cancer growled at him. Gemini continued to text on his phone.

"At least I'm cleaning up. At least do something productive than sit there flirting with each other on the couch." Aquarius muttered, raising his eyebrows teasingly at them.

Cancer stood up and picked up the closest object. The pillow. She threw it at Aquarius, screaming, "SHUT UP RIGHT NOW"

"Alright, I was just joking." Aquarius said, knocking the pillow out of the way with a smirk. "I'm going to be cleaning up now. At least go and... um... do something useful."

"I'm breathing." Cancer grumped, flopping back down on the couch again. The sudden movement caused Gemini to drop his phone on the carpet in front of the couch.

"YOU NEARLY BROKE MY PHONE!" Gemini yelled at Cancer, suddenly getting up and glaring at her while cradling his phone at the same time.

"It's your fault." Cancer muttered, trying to ignore him.

"YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS, CANCER, YOU HAVE MY WORD -"

"Guys, please, calm down." Pieces walked out from her bedroom and stepped between the two.

"NO." Gemini growled, but he couldn't bring himself to yell at Pieces. With a sigh, he stomped past the two and entered his bedroom, slamming the door loudly.

"Everyone seems to be so... down today." Pieces said, sighing slightly as she sank down on the couch next to Cancer. She eyed the carpet. "I wonder when I'll have to clean blood out of the carpet."