Taurus (m) X Virgo (f): Cookies at Midnight

Requested by 

I'm sorry if this isn't your idea of fluff, but I started writing this with an idea in mind but it spiralled off into something else from there. I hope you like it! Thank you for requesting!

———

Virgo's eyes fluttered open to a loud crash coming from somewhere in her house. She yawned and checked the clock - 12:03.

She was about to turn over and fall asleep again when realisation hit her. Her eyes widened and she nearly fell out of the bed.

I don't have a pet... I live alone... Noises in the middle of the night...

She leaped out of bed and grabbed the closest thing she could find: a sandal. She pulled on a sweater, shivering as she felt the cold night air trickling through her window.

She opened her door, tensing and lifting her sandal as she squinted into the darkness. She quickly decided there was nobody there and walked out into the hallway barefoot, keeping her steps as quiet as possible.

She crept down the stairs silently, sandal raised and poised to strike.

The living room lights flickered off. She hurled the sandal in the general direction of the light switch as her eyes worked to adjust to the darkness.

There was a muffle cry. Virgo leaped towards the sound of the cry, snatching a basket off the dining room table and scattering flowers everywhere, and brought the basket over the intruder's head.

There was another grunt as she made contact with something. She let go of the basket and reached up to turn on the lights.

Her eyes widened as she took in the sight.

"Taurus?"

———

Virgo hauled Taurus's unconscious body onto the couch. She wiped sweat off her forehead and reached for the plastic bag of ice on the table.

"How did you even get into my house...?" she mumbled under her breath, placing the plastic bag on the bruise that was forming on his head.

She stood up and stared down at him for a few seconds. She turned away and scanned the living room - flowers were scattered over her table, and there were pieces of furniture everywhere there were misaligned or shifted a few centimeters. The kitchen door also seemed to be ajar.

She entered the kitchen. Her eyes widened at the heavenly smell that filled her nose.

Cookie batter...?

She breathed deeply as she analysed the room - the kitchen was surprisingly neat compared to the living room. There were a few mixing bowls laid out on the table and cutlery scattered beside them.

She took a step closer and realized where the smell was coming from. The largest bowl was practically full to the brim with the delcious brown batter, and the bowls next to it seemed to have been used for measuring out ingredients.

She picked up the half empty bag of chocolate chips and tied a rubber band around the opening to prevent ants from entering it. She put it in the refridgator and stared at the mixing bowl for a few seconds, trying to gather her thoughts.

"Taurus entering my house in the middle of the night... cookie batter that I didn't make... oh no."

Virgo hurried back into the living room and kneeled down next to the couch, adjusting the ice pack on Taurus's head. "Taurus, I'm so sorry, I didn't realise..." She mumbled, glanced at his face. She tried to ignore the fact that Taurus looked surprisingly at bliss after being hit on the head with a basket and that he was startlingly... attractive.