Scorpio (m) X Pisces (f): Hurting by Loving - Part 1

Scorpio's POV

Pisces. She was like an angel that had fallen into my bleak, bleak life.

At first, I refused. I told myself that I didn't need anyone.

Then why is it that there's this burning emotion every time she greets someone else? I can't stand it. Ever since she came into my life, she was this golden star that brought colour into my world.

Even now, I'm just standing. Watching, as Pisces cheerfully greets a brown-haired boy that I don't know and I don't want to ever know. What is this emotion...? I don't understand it. It's not that I'm completely emotionless. I feel anger and sadness like any other being. But this feeling I've never felt before.

I want her. I want to grab her and spin her around and - and my instincts are burning again. I ignore them - this burning - this... jealousy.

Jealousy? Was I really... jealous? Why would I be? I keep on telling myself that if she'd disappeared then I wouldn't care. Then why can I imagine myself running to the end of the world to find her again?

The brown-haired boy leaves. I release the breath I had been unconsciously holding in. She turns, her silky hair fluttering in the breeze and her large, sparkling eyes land on me.

"Scorpio!" she says. Her mouth is moving in slow motion and I lean against the wall for support. She's running towards me, her cute little mouth set in a worried frown.

"I want to see you smile." I say, but it feels like something's crushing my chest and tearing the words out of my mouth.

"You don't seem very well," she says in that sweet voice of hers, tilting her head to the side. I want to reach out and caress the soft curve of her face. 

I force myself to concentrate. To bundle the feelings up inside me and just leave. "I'm fine," I mutter, beginning to force myself to turn away.

"You're a little pale," she whispers, pressing a delicate hand on my forehead. I notice she has to stand on her toes to reach my head.

"I - I'm fine." I say, feeling slightly flustered at the contact. Everything's moving normally again but all I can see are those huge, dark eyes.

"Are you sure?" she asks, removing her hand from my forehead. I immediately miss the soft warmth of her hand.

I nod, unable to speak. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a familiar flash of brown hair. The anger... no, the jealousy, starts building up again.

"Alright... but remember, you can tell me if you really do feel unwell. Don't worry, I won't judge~" Pisces says cheerfully, beginning to leave.

No. No. Why is she leaving me? Is she going to talk to him again?

My instincts take over. It's like I'm watching myself in slow motion as I grab her shoulders and spin her around. My mind becomes a fog as I lose myself in her wide, surprised eyes.

A faint flush comes over her cheeks. "You're so cute," I murmur, gently sweeping her hair to one side. Before I can back out, I've pulled her upwards and brought my lips to hers.

There's a sweet second of joy. I feel a sense of satisfaction shoot through me as I think of the brown-haired boy.

It's over before I realise it. She pulls away with a cute little noise; I'm about to lean forwards again when she whispers my name.

"Scorpio." I see her eyes, full of fear and worry and everything in between. I'm stumbling back, horrified. What have I done to our... friendship?

"I... didn't realise you felt like that." she says, her cheeks still dusted with pink. I can only stare, frozen, as I realise what she must be feeling. She takes a step back, her eyes sparkling with... tears?

"Pisces," I begin, but my throat constricts and everything's blurred. She says something I can't catch.

I turn away and I'm running, running from the destruction that I've created. Coward, my mind whispers.

"Scorpio!" she calls my name again. I pretend that I cannot hear her call, that I hadn't let my emotions take over me.

Then I'm curled up in some dark alley and feeling warmth drip down my cheeks. I'm briefly reminded of her hand on my forehead, then my mind and heart howl at the same time and I force myself to forget.

If getting close to people will only hurt them, then why should I try?