XXIII. Wrecked Love.

Andrea Russett

My phone buzzed repeatedly. I looked over at my phone to see that Jc was calling me, which was sort of strange. I knew it was about Kian, why else would he be calling me?

"Hello?" I asked, my voice suddenly shaking. 

"A-Andrea?" His voice was shaky as well, yet somehow stern at the same time.

I took a deep breath, "hi, what's wrong?"

I heard a banging noise on the other side of the line.

"Kian, stop!" Jc screamed.

"Jc, what's going on?" I stood up off the couch and grabbed my purse, "I'm coming over, Jc, what's happening?"

He paused, "Kian's not okay."

"What do you mean?" I grabbed my car keys and ran out of my apartment and through the lot, towards my car. I quickly opened the car and started the car, putting him on speaker so I could back out of my parking space.

"He's having a breakdown. He's thrown things everywhere. His room is a mess. I'm scared he might attempt suicide, but he wouldn't do that, right?"

I backed out of my parking space and pulled onto the main road, "I can't give you a definite answer, you should know him better than I do by now, he's your best friend Jc!"

"Kian, please, stop!" Jc shouted again.

"Put me on speaker," I choked.

Another banging noise.

"Kian, I'm putting Andrea on speaker, she wants to speak to you."

"No!" I heard his voice, muffled by the sound of something.

I frowned.

"Kian, give her two minutes atleast."

I heard the noise meaning I was on speaker.

"Kian, Kian baby, please. Please stop." I spoke quickly, trying to hold back tears, "I love you to the moon and back. You mean the world to me. I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking that day. I'm sorry. I miss you Kian, stop. Just calm down, for me, okay?"

Another bang.

"Shut up! Andrea, shut the fuck up!" Kian shouted, his voice much more clear. "Don't you dare fucking lie to me! You're just trying to make sure I don't kill myself. Well here's this, I'm not fucking going to! I'd never kill myself over somebody like you!"

My heart dropped and I pulled over onto the side of the road since my vision was getting blurry due to my tears.

"Kian, you don't mean that." I whispered.

"I do! I mean that! I hate you Andrea Rose Russet. I hate you! I fucking hate you!" He screamed louder, "you're the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

Tears poured down my cheeks and I started sobbing.

"Fuck you!" He screamed.

I turned off my car and stared out my window, not trusting myself to say something that wouldn't make anything worse than it already was.

"I hate you," he shouted once more.

"Andrea, I'm sorry," Jc said, "I took you off speaker. Are you still coming over?"

"No," I whispered.

Jc sighed deeply, "that's understandable. Please Andrea, just please promise me you're okay."

I started my car again and pulled back onto the main road, "no promises."

"Andrea, please promise me."

The banging noises continued.

I stayed silent, unsure of how to answer him. 

"He loves you Andrea, he's just scared again."

I rolled my eyes slowly and continued to drive, heading home to my apartment.

"I promise you Andrea, Kian loves you."

I let go of the wheel and wiped my eyes. The car swerved and suddenly my car was heading right towards another car on the other side of the road. I quickly tried to turn away and adjust the car, but it didn't work. 

"Andrea? What was that crashing noise? Andrea, answer me! Andrea Rose Russett! Kian, something happened to Andrea."

"I don't fucking care Jc!"

"Kian! Andrea could fucking be dead! She just got into a wreck I think!"