XXXIII. Eventually.

"Eventually, you'll end up where you need to be,

with who you're meant to be with,

and doing what you should be doing."

~*~

Jennifer McAllister

As much as I hate to admit it, Jc looks and smells really nice today. He definitely has taken a shower since I last saw him, and he's definitely tried his hardest to look and smell as well as he can. 

"May I come in?" He asked, still standing in my doorway, holding a bouquet of roses, stereotypical, and grinning sheepishly. 

I blushed, "right, yes, come in," I smiled and moved out of the way, so he could enter.

He chuckled and laughed, holding the roses in one hand, and a box of Pizza Hut pizza in one hand, with a movie on top of the pizza box.

"What movie?" I asked, closing the door behind him.

"I didn't know what to bring," he began as he set the pizza on the kitchen counter and set the roses into an empty vase, "I asked Kian for a movie idea, and of course he chose Chosen."

"He's just proud of his movie," I told him, "I'd be proud of myself too. Then again, I am proud of myself. Hell, he's probably proud of you guys' book. I'm proud of mine."

Jc plopped down on the couch and set his feet on the arm rest, "I'm proud of my book too, a lot of hard work and dedication went into that!" 

Grabbing the pizza and the movie, I walked into the living room and set up the movie. I sat next to Jc and set the pizza box on his lap. He flinched as the grease at the bottom of the box, touched him. He moved the box onto my lap, and I moved it to the table by the couch. 

"Hot," he mumbled about the box.

"Like me," I joked, flipping my hair nonchalantly. 

Jc rolled his eyes, chuckling to himself.

I widened my eyes and jumped onto his lap, "holy shit! Jc Caylen! You didn't disagree! You even laughed! You think I'm hot! Admit it Jc, admit it!"

He put his hands on my hips, which caused my whole body to go numb, "Jennifer, calm down."

My heart fluttered when he called me by my real name. "I --uhm," I began to stutter and my hands started to shake, "sorry."

He smiled and gently moved me off his lap, "I was laughing at your confidence sweetheart."

I frowned, "what?"

"It's cute, honestly," he smirked, then drew his attention to the screen. 

I smiled and ate a slice of pizza, watching the movie intently. Every once in a while, I'd see Jc glance at me, when he thought I wasn't looking. Little did he know, I was doing the exact same thing as him. 

Eventually, the movie ended and I turned to look at him. 

"Kian did great," Jc admitted, "then again this is the third time I've seen his movie. It's great each time, really."

I nodded in agreement.

"I guess I should get going, Kian's probably--"

"--no!" I blurted.

"What?"

"I mean, can you stay a little longer? For me? I mean, so we can hang out? Or just talk? Your choice, I don't care, nor do I mind. Your choice, like I said. Please, just stay?" I blushed at my sudden desperation for him, "please?"

He smiled, "of course."

"I don't know why I'm suddenly so flabbergasted around you."

"You're in love," he whispered seductively, then laughed, "I don't blame you. I'm sexy and hot."

I jumped up on the couch and began singing at the top of my lungs, "I'm hot! You're cold!"

Jc jumped up with me and began to sing the Jonas Brothers song with me. 

At the end, I jumped into his arms, and he surprisingly caught me. 

"That was interesting," he smiled at me, holding me up by the back of my thighs, "it was fun as well, I've got to admit. Gosh Jenn, I missed hanging out with you. It's been a while."

I giggled out of nowhere, "I missed it too."

He kissed my forehead and set me down, so I sat back down, criss-cross onto the couch. 

My head was spinning with thoughts on whether or not I liked him like that

"Jenn, are you okay? You look like you might just pass out."

I nodded quickly, "just thinking about stuff."

He slowly nodded, "are you positive you're okay? You just seem, what's the word? Overwhelmed."

"I am overwhelmed, but I'm okay, I promise."

It took him a moment to believe me, but eventually he gave in, "good."

My hands were still shaking from the flirting. But I knew he was just being friendly, that's the way he was. He was a natural flirt, whether he knew it or not. That's just who he was as a person in general.

"I should get going, Kian's probably suspicious," he spoke, standing up off the couch, "I'll see you later?"

I nodded.

"Bye Jennifer," he leaned down and kissed my forehead, then left.