XXXIV. I Think I'm In Love.

"No regrets, just lessons learned."

~*~

Jenn McAllister

I opened my eyes unwillingly and flung my arm onto my bedside table, in search of my phone. Eventually, I found it and immediately checked my messages. Most of the texts were irrelevant to my morning, although Jc texted me good morning, which was a surprise. 

I texted him good morning back with a smiley face, then got out of bed and looked in the mirror. "God Jenn, you need to do some squats," I mumbled, looking at my butt, "eh, I'll do them some other time." I walked away from my mirror and pulled my hair into a bun. The kitchen was so far, but I was hungry so I walked there. 

"I'm alive mother fuckers!" I screamed into my empty apartment, then grabbed some milk and Frosted Flakes and poured myself a bowl of cereal.

My life was so boring, and I had no life actually. I'm just a being on this earth, filling up space.

I ate my cereal and went through Twitter and Instagram. Then, Snapchat. 

Can my life get any more typical?

There was a knock on my door and I froze for a second, unsure of whether or not to open the door. I gave in and walked over to the door and opened it, surprised to see Trevor at my door.

"Hey girl," he said. He had his camera on and he was filming me, "how'd you sleep? You look like you just woke up."

I whined quietly and then slammed the door in his face. I then re-opened the door because I felt bad, "ugh, what do you want Trev?"

He shrugged and pushed his way inside, "can I just say, you're a messy person? Anyways, can I film your life? It was a dare by my people, to go film somebody's skanky life. I'm doing a truth or dare video, well it's dare or dare."

"I'm not a skank," I groaned and sat back down at the table and continued to eat my cereal.

"Continuing on," he laughed, "you were somebody who sounded fun to film in the morning, but this is kind of boring. You need a more exciting life girl," he joked.

I smirked a little, "sometimes when I wake up in the morning I can be moody. My cereal helps me perk up," I teased.

He set the camera down on the table, but I was still in frame. He put himself in frame too, sitting across from me at the table. 

"In fact, Trevor? Do you want to do something fun?" I smirked more.

He widened his eyes and grabbed his camera. "Satan came out, got to go! She's smirking, she's the devil! That's it for this dare, bye!" He turned his camera off and then looked at me. "I've got to go, it was fun."

I laughed, "bye."

He walked out and I could hear him singing Troye's song, YOUTH loudly. 

So what? My life was boring, but at least I had some cool friends to un-bore my life a little bit. I finished my cereal, then put it in the sink. Another knock. 

"Go home Trevor!" I shouted.

A muffled, "it's not Trevor!" 

I recognized the voice to be Jc's. I opened the door.

"Hello pretty girl," he smiled at me.

"Hey," I blushed and moved out of the doorway, so he could come in.

He walked in, "I'm just stopping by, not staying long sweetheart," he chuckled at my eagerness. "Just wanted to see your beautiful face."

My face turned even pinker, "I appreciate it."

"Stop being so girly Jennifer," he laughed and kissed my nose, "it's not you."

I stuttered on my words, "uh-- sorry."

He smiled, "I got to go, see you soon?"

"Soon."

"I forgot something," he took a step closer to me, and lifted my chin up.

I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"I love you," he whispered against my lips, then kissed me.

I kissed him back.

We stayed there, kissing, for about ten seconds and eventually he pulled away. 

"About time," I smirked a little.

He laughed, "see you soon McAllister."