A not so usual day at school

Charlotte's POV

" Finally these doors open" I thought in relief as me and Emma walked into the school building and headed into the auditorium.

"Anyways I can't believe we have 3 test on the same day, and none of teachers would change the date, it's just crazy, right Charlotte? Um, char?"

I was just staring to my left, which was where the boys sit. I was looking sat one boy in particular. Seriously, I never saw him in this school, I thought.  In fact, I never saw him in my whole entire life.

Sorry Emma, I was just a little distracted."

Before I had time to explain, I heard a very familiar sound.

Ring, ring!

So me and Emma said our good byes and headed off to our ( unfortunately separate) first period classes.

5 minutes later

I walked into my social studies class and took my seat in the second row. When Ms. Johnson ( Our social studies teacher) walked in, I was rather surprised, and it seems like everyone one else was too. That same boy I saw this morning was walking right behind our teacher, " How did he end up here?"  I  thought as my eyes trailed back to the front of the room.

" Good morning class, as you can see we have a new student.So please give a warm welcome to  Hunter!" Ms. Johnson said with excitement.

But everyone else seems the total opposite of how Ms. Johnson must be feeling right now.

" So Hunter, you can have a seat right here." Ms. Johnson explained as she pointed to a empty seat.

Which was right next to me. 

Hunter just nodded and sat down in the seat.

Now that I had a little time to look at him, I noticed he had blond hair and blue eyes. He looks kind of cute," I thought. " Focus Charlotte, your in a class right now."

" Today I will be assigning a project, all the details are on a paper that is being passed around

" Today I will be assigning a project, all the details are on a paper that is being passed around. This is a partner project and this will be the person sitting next to you. So I will give you the rest of the period to start your projects."

Projects become stressful when you have a partner, especially when the partners are already chosen for you. 

I looked at the paper, it was that we had to make a PowerPoint about two types of people from different civilizations.

And each of those people had to be one of our ancestors. One from one person's, father side of their family, and the other had from the other person's....  Mother's side of their family.

As soon as I read that, I felt like I have just been struck by lightning and  then received a shiver down my spine. "I hope I will be chosen to find my father's ancestor."  I thought with horror.