You've Got The Glow chapter 5

**NOT EDITED**

CHAPTER 5:

Kayla's POV:

***

"I figured it out!" Kyle yelled running into my room.

I gave him a crazy look. "What are you talking about?" I closed my lap top and spun around in my desk chair to face him. He flopped down on my bed looking overly happy and accomplished.

"I figured out exactly how you got detention," He said, "You and Jake went to the courtyard and were 'fooling around' hence why you were late to class." Kyle put air quoted are the words fooling around earning an eye roll from me.

"How would you know that." I spun back around and opened my laptop again. It's not like he has proof of it or anything.

I wasn't able to see it, but I could picture the huge smirk he had on his face when he said, "The whole school is talking about it. There's rumors and everything."

My fingers froze from typing and my face went cold and pale. "I'm sorry what was that?"

"You heard me. You know, girls are really starting to hate you now. Apparently, Jake is quite the eye-candy."

I turned around to face him, "You got to be kidding me. What were the rumors?"

"I think you'll find out soon enough," He spun his car keys around his finger, "Were leaving in 5 minutes." Then shut the door leaving me to pounder over everything.

***

"Hey Kay!" Jake said ruffling my hair.

Giving him a murderous glare I said, "Don't you 'Hey Kay!' Me."

He looked a little taken aback. "What's wrong? Oh god, what did I do this time?"

I grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him from the crowded hallway and into the janitors room. It was better to not make a scene in front of everyone. As soon as we were inside I released him.

"Seriously what did I do!!" Jake yelled with a frustrating look on his face.

"The whole school knows about us in the courtyard! There's rumors that I don't even want to mention, and snide comments because your such 'eye-candy' and I 'stole you'." I used air quotes around 'eye candy' and 'stole you' and when I finished my little rant I backed up against the wall and ran my fingers through my hair. People have been whispering about me all day and saying rude things. I hate drama, girls can be so mean.

Out of all expressions Jake could have on his face, it was his damn smirk. "Why are you smirking?"

"I already know all of that," He said stepping closer to me, "I am quite the catch, aren't I?"

My heart began to race, but I tried to respond casually and scoffed, "Yeah, sure."

Jake came closer and closer until his hands were on either side of my head and I could feel his breath fanning my face. "Really? Because I think your lying."

"And why on Earth would you think that?" I asked crossing my arms.

His smirk grew wider, "Kayla, I can tell when you lie too."

I pushed him away but he didn't budge and he let out a laugh. "I'm right, so your pissed." Jake said coming closer- if that was even possible.

He ran his fingers through my hair gently. I gave him a confused look and he read it right away. "We're in a janitors closet and your hair looks like make-out hair because you were running your hands through it. If you think there were rumors before, just wait." He winked at me and then walked out of the janitors closet.