You've Got The Glow chapter 22

••••RESULTS FROM VOTING IN AUTHORS NOTE••••

**NOT EDITED**

Chapter 22:

Kayla's POV

***

Jake's ringtone filled my ears- it was him singing me "Day Without Your Love". A smile over took my face as I answered the phone, "Hey Jacob."

"Jacob?" He laughed, "I prefer Jake."

"So do I," I replied laughing, "What's up?"

"I have an announcement, can you come over?" I told him in a few minutes I would come over and hung up the phone. He ended with "I love you" but I haven't said it yet. I have precautions with the word love, it has a lot of meaning to it.

My sweatpants changed to skinny jeans and my sweatshirt became a nice tank top. The bun on my head turned into waves falling down my back and I added on a small amount of makeup. Within 5 minutes I was on my way to Jake's. Part of me thought it was my late birthday present, but another part of me sensed something with his music. Only one way to find out.

My grounding prohibited me from leaving the house, but my Mom gave me my phone back. I used the door off my balcony to avoid being caught. I went and opened his front door and went up to his room to see him on his phone- probably tweeting fans.

I walked over to him and placed a kiss on his cheek causing his attention to be on me. "Hey beautiful." He said with a smile.

"The thing is, everything is starting to become complicated and messing up my plans, so I'm just going to come right out and say it," Jakes said and I nodded in response, "I know we're both going to college together and your birthday present was going to be maybe getting an apartment by the school and live there if you wanted to."

"What's the problem with that?" I asked not getting what he was trying to explain.

He let out a long breath, "Well, one problem is my music. If I start to get bigger I could be touring and performing. Another problem is the permission from your parents and brother."

"Their opinion is the last thing on my mind," I said rolling my eyes, "And how exactly is this apartment going to get paid for?"

I heard him swear under his breath. "I guess we will just have to see where things go? I have another present too, don't worry." He said with a smile and went to his closet to retrieve a small box. He handed me the box and I opened it.

My eyes averted to his chest to find the same one dangling from his neck. "You got me a matching microphone necklace?" I asked in disbelief.

"Of course," He said pulling me in closer to him, "I couldn't have done all of this without you by my side. You're my biggest supporter Kayla."

I looked into his eyes, and I knew it was the right time. "I love you." Jake looked at me like I grew two heads, but this time I knew it was real. I knew we were real.

***

"Where the hell have you been?" My Mom asked when I walked through the door.

I shrugged, "Obviously not here."

She let out a frustrated sigh, "Why are you so mad at your father?"

Well, the fact that my father knows nothing about me- or anyone for that matter- and thinks he can just waltz back into our lives. I know it's not his fault, but why go back to a family you have no history with? It takes time to fall in love with us all over again. He can't be my dad if he doesn't love me.