Chapter 21

Years have passed . . .

Ashton's POV

Tinapon ko ang huling bote ng alak na hawak ko. Fvck it! Ito na naman ako. Ganitong-ganito rin ang sitwasyon ko noong nalaman ko ang ginawa ni mommy yun. Putspa! Bakit? Bakit ba kasi pamilya pa nila? At bakit mommy ko pa? Tss.

Isa na lang ang kaya kong gawin. Ang magmukmok. Umalis na kasi sya. Umalis na sya. She didn't even gave me a chance to prove that I am not my mother. Yes, I maybe her son but we're not the same and I will never do whatever my mom did. Life is really insane, huh?

I heard noise downstairs. I don't give any shit. Pumasok man ang magnanakaw dito ay wala akong pakealam. Get whatever they want. I don't care.

"PONG!" oh dear. She's here again. "You are drinking, again?!" She's nagging, again. Seriously?

Hindi na ako nagtaka na nakapasok sya. She have my keys. In the house, my car, my condo and even the gate. She have it all. Damn this kid! "PONG!"

"Don't shout Moi. Its not good for your throat." paalala ko sa kanya. Well, she's a singer for goodness sake.

She stand infront of me. Nakaupo ako sa gilid ng kama habang sya ay nasa harapan ko at nakapamewang pa. "I'll quit shouting if you'll quit drinking."

She is really one of a heck stubborn.

"What do you want?" I asked "And who told you to come?" I know her. Hindi sya madalas tumambay dito maliban na lang kung may mag-uutos sa kanya o may problema sya.

She sigh. "I want you to be my guardian on our field trip." napatungo pa ito "No one asked me to come but mommy didn't let me to join the field trip. She said its too dangerous."

Mary Oxen Ingrid. My aunt's youngest daughter. She's in her eight grade this year. She calls me 'PONG' whenever she wants to. I don't know where the hell she got that name. "You want me to come because if I'll come with you, your mom will allow you then. Right?"

"RIGHT!?"

I looked at her. How could I resist to this persistent kid. I know she will not stop nagging me on that. "All right. I'll give your mommy a call and I'll try if she will agree. Ok?"

"Aye aye!" she smiled "Thank you uncle Ash."

***

We're on the plane now. Tsk. I should have known. This kid had deceived me for Pete's sake! Ang sabi nya samen ay simpleng field trip lang ang pupuntahan pero ang totoo ay may nakuha syang scholarship para maging international exchange student sa HongKong.

"Thank you Uncle Ash." nagpapa-cute pang sabi ni Moi

I looked at her in a bored way. "Yeah right."

She just chuckle. I can't believe I was just deceived by a fifteen year old kid. Really? Tss. While waiting for the plane to board, memories popped out.  I can't forget that day. The last day I saw her. I last time I've had talked to her.

"Because finally, I've found you." I said. I didn't expected a nice response from her but I never expected that she will ask me a favor.

She looked at me with a poker face. "Well, congratulations. You've found me. Yey! Now that you've found me I will give you one wish. I will do whatever it was."

Is she giving me a chance? Is this a dream come true.

"But that wish will correspond to a favor. One wish one favor. Its a give and take." she added

"Game!" I already risk my life just to find her. "My wish is ..." she looked at me "I want you to hug me tight for one minute."

She frozed for a second. "Yeah sure."

With that moment. Within a minute. I felt that I am complete but for just a moment. For just a minute. But life must be really insane. That one minute ended in no time. "Now, its my turn."

This time, I frozed that moment she uttered those two words that shattered me into pieces. "Get lost."

Present ...

I looked at my niece then looked at the sky. Ito na ba ang kabayaran sa nagawa ko. Sa napili kong propesyon. At sa lahat ng katarantaduhan na nagawa ko.

Life really suck!

"Uncle Ash" Moi called "Na-inlove ka na ba?"

Out of a blue, she asked that. "Should I asnwer with an honest answer or should I answer it with a safe answer?"

"Of course. I want you to be honest. Honest answer uncle. Be honest, please!" she mumbled something after speaking

I sigh. "All right." I paused a bit "Yes."

She frowned. "You're not going to justify your answer? No more explanation?"

"No need. I am inlove. That's all. Now go back to sleep kiddo. Tomorrow will be your first day in your new school for a month."

That day when Ashton accidentally or literally saw Zhe while talking in the phone.

"Her name is Zhenaida Josephine Montejo but also known as Kiana Heijah Strasbourg. She's not aware of her identity yet. Her uncle is still holding the truth until now. Her brother is with her uncle in the province. She's also a working student in a university that makes her to be part of her scholarship." my private investigator reported

I looked at her. "How is she doing?"

"She's striving hard to earn and meet the bill end. She also tried part time jobs in summer and took a tutorial lessons at night. As my report is concerned, she's been doing great these past few years." he reported

"I see." still looking at her "Beep that girl." I told my driver

"Sir?" my driver got confused

"Just beep her but don't bump her. Make her startle a bit. Let's see if she will recognize me." I assumed.

But by the looks of her, she got irritated when she saw me. She wants to struggle me hard. She wants to kick and slap me. But one thing is for sure, she doesn't recognize me. Even just a bit.

I looked at my niece. Nakatulog agad sya. Inayos ko ang kumot nya saka napabulong. "Yes, I am in love. I am in love with the girl who can't return the love I am giving. Love sucks sometimes, I may prefer."