Chapter 10 - If this is wrong, I don't want to be right.

“I’m in love with you” I repeated without thinking for a moment, the feeling felt good, even if the reality of the situation was a complete tragedy. Matt’s other hand brushed a strand of my hair that had fallen from my ponytail behind my ear and he smiled a sweet melancholic smile.

“I can’t say I reciprocate” he said finally, my heart crashing to the floor, tears, flowing instantly down my cheeks, Matt looked concerned and caught my tears with his thumbs, brushing them aside

“ellie, I can’t say I reciprocate, but it doesn’t mean I don’t reciprocate” He whispered, pulling me in to his chest. Did he just sort of admit to feeling the same without saying it? I took a step back finally and he looked at me, his eyes dancing.

“If you can wait till graduation for me, then I will wait for you” He said softly

“that’s not for almost 9 months Matt… Maybe I could leave school?” I suggested, my heart aching at the thought of waiting 9 months. His brow furrowed and his eyes darkened.

“I won’t be responsible for you dropping out of school”

“I can’t wait 9 months to kiss you again Matt”

Matt didn’t waste a second, he stepped forward and wrapped one arm around my waist the other ran up my back and cupped my neck. Our lips met and the electricity I’d missed so dearly ran through my veins. Our hands wandered, and we got completely lost in each other.

“New Plan” matt whispered hoarsely, as he rested his head on mine “we’ll have dinner together tonight and talk”

“I’d like that” I whispered back, pulling him back in to me.

I’d barely managed to kiss Matt again before I heard muffled voices.

“Jake said she needed a break and went home” I head ryan say “So leave it alone Babe”

“Yeah she also dumped him, Something isn’t right. We’ll ask her tonight okay?” Louise replied

“Fine, just don’t give her a hard time about Jake, he seemed okay with it all”

“I know, I promise, I’ll be kind, she’s just been so all over the place lately. Man wonder where Mr C is, he’s usually here when we get here”

“Fuck, Stay in here, I’ll get the class outside for something as soon as I can...” Mat murmured, his lips brushing my cheek before he grabbed a few bits and pieces. He opened the door and walked out

“Oh Mr C, you were in there. I was just saying you’re usually here? Whats the plan for the day?” Louise said in a sing song voice.

“Uh, actually take these outside, where going to have a class outside today okay. Um oh and can you wait at the door when you get back and let everyone know to head outside?” Matt replied.

“sure sir”

“Thanks guys.”

Louise and Ryan left just as the bell rang out. Matt opened the supply closet door and ushered me out.

“I’ll text when I get home okay”

“okay”

I escaped out the side door and walked out of the school gates. I caught a public bus home and Once there I walked up to my parents bedroom. I still hadn’t had the heart to begin to pack it up, I sat on the bed and ran my fingers over the bed spread. I tried to imagine how mom would have reacted to me experiencing my first love, she’d probably would have awkwardly tried to have a very late discussion on the birds and the bees. I smiled and walked back out of the room, shutting the door behind me.