Chapter 31 - Skipping in Stiletto's

A super short chapter, but I did promise one. I am feeling a little blocked a the moment, but will get writing so that I can get some longer chapters pumped out.

********

As the limo pulled in to the school car park I swallowed hard. This was crazy right?

Everyone filed out, and left Matt and I seated alone in the car.

“Are you alright?” Matt asked as he took my hand and wrapped his own around it.

I nodded, and shifted across the seat and out of the limo door.

The sea of girls dressed in flowing gowns, next to boys in formal suits was vast, and I couldn’t figure out who anyone was because of their masks. I relaxed a little and hooked my arm through Matts.

“You look beautiful tonight Elliot” Matt whispered as we walked up the path to the hall.

“So do you”

We walked up to the doors and handed our tickets in. then through the fairy lights into the hall. The hall had really been transformed into something amazing, it was like stepping in to the masquerade ball scene on the labrinyth.

“May I have this dance, Elliot?” Matt asked holding his hand out,  I smiled and nodded.

Matt led me out on to the dance floor, and we slow danced along with the soft music.

I gazed up at Matt and let myself drown in his eyes.

In this moment I was just a high school senior, dancing at senior prom with her boyfriend. Nothing else existed.

“I love you” Matt leant forward and whispered in my ear, his warmth breath hit my neck and caused me to shiver.

“I love you too”

Is that who I think it is?

I heard one of the other students say as Matt and I danced.

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at Matt, panicked.

“Relax,  even if people know its me behind this mask, in this suit, dancing with you” Matt said, as he moved his face closer to mine “I don’t care.”

Matt’s lips pressed against mine, and I forgot all about the illicit nature our relationship had started off with. He wasn’t my teacher any more. He chose me. He loves me.

I suddenly didn’t care what anyone thought of me anymore, and I pulled my mask from my face.

“Neither do I” I whispered, resting my head against the warmth of his chest.

Once my mask was off, there was more whispering, and it probably should have bothered me. Some of the things people were saying were depraved and downright nasty, but I couldn’t bring myself to care. My life, was finally beginning to look up.

I left Matt alone with the Jake and Ryan while I went to get a drink and use the bathroom. When I walked into the girls bathroom, there was (unsurprisingly a long line)

“So, is your date Mr Cartwright, right?” A random girl called out to me

I barely glanced up, I couldn’t be bothered explaining myself.