Chapter 30 - A Good Sneaky

UPDATE: here is a short chapter, I'll be writing about the prom all next chapter, and have plenty of ideas for it, so will probably get that done in the next couple of day

Later that evening Julian and Jeanie came home and we ate dinner together. Jeanie was flying home in the morning, and it made me kind of sad. Having her and Julian around the house had been kind of nice.

Matt and I had agreed to keep the pregnancy quiet until june. It was easier than having to explain anything without knowing the answers yet.

Later that night after I’d showered I headed down the hallway to Matts bedroom. He was sitting on his bed reading a book, when I walked in, he chucked a bookmark in the page he was on and closed the book. He put the book down and then looked at me, a silly smirk on his face.

“Why are you so happy” I smiled sitting down on his bed

He gave me a funny look and then wrapped his arm over my waist, with on swift movement I was on my back and he was perched across my chest.

“You make me happy Els” He said simply, his eyes catching mine.

“If you’d have told me in August I’d be here like this now I’d have laughed” I remarked, my skin heating up as I blushed

“Ditto. I definitely didn’t become a teacher to fall in love with a teenage girl. Unfortunately for my heart, you’re much more than just a teenage girl” he soothed, his lips gently nibbled at my hand that rest on my stomach.

The next day Jeanie flew home, Julian was pretty sad. They’d really hit it off, and I knew come the end of the semester she’d be back, and they’d be all on. The house would be full of people, just how I liked it.

The next three weeks passed pretty quickly, and an early scan revealed my due date was October the 4th. After that Matt started getting excited pretty quickly. The fact there was a ‘little’ technicality (what we’d decided to call the Adam side of things) didn’t matter. As far as Matt was concerned he was the only chance of a father. Still the possibility bothered me, but for Matt’s sake I tried not to let it show.

Keeping it all quiet from my friends was hard. Since we’d met, Ryan and louise were the two people I shared my entire life with and here I was keeping something very big from them. Luckily the fact prom had been coming up had distracted Louise enough that I didn’t feel too guilty about keeping a secret.

“So, whats on the agenda tonight?” I asked Matt, looking up from my homework assignment.

“Not homework, It’s Saturday!”

“Yeah well, I am still on catch up after skipping so many days.” I replied with disdain, I hated catching up too, but I had to complete the work if I wanted my diploma.

“Let me take you out tonight? Dinner or something?”

“I’m fine, it’s prom night tonight and to be honest I’m kind of wanting to avoid leaving the house” I muttered.

I’d begun to regret my decision not to go, After I’d found out I was pregnant everything shifted and I realised that the small things in life, the joyous fun times were fleeting, much like my youth was. I didn’t want to go out because I didn’t want the regret of not going to be shoved in my face some how.

Matt sat down next to me at the table and closed my text book.

“just let me take you out, please” He pleaded softly, as he rested his hand on mine.