Chapter 17 - Liar Liar pants on fire

By 8.00 we were at the venue. We parked the car and walked up to the building handing the tickets that Adam had given me.

“You’re in for a real treat tonight girls.” The ticket taker said with a wink.

“Arrrgh, thanks!” Louise cooed shuffling in the door.

We took seats near the front at Louise’s insistence, she mentioned something about wanting to be able to see the sweat pooling on the hairs of their legs. The show started a little while after we got there. There were six guys, all very fit and good looking and they were amazing dancers.

They took turns individually dancing, each guy bringing up a member from the audience. The ladies lapped it up some of them even going as far as licking the guys. Finally Adam’s turn was up.

He came out dressed like a mummy and I suddenly knew he was going to do a take off of the play. I shook my head and laughed. He danced on the stage, handing one edge of the bandage to one lady and the other to another lady.

They pulled on the bandages and Adam spun until they fell off leaving him in a pair of gold hot pants. He looked over at me and smiled. He jumped off the stage and walked over to me. I shook my head, he so was not going to make me the person he took on stage. Was he?

He pulled me up

“Come on Janet.” He coaxed as the music that had been playing stopped and toucha started.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. “Fine!” I laughed following him on to the stage.

I mouthed along to the words, and we did a much more R rated version of the song we’d done earlier. When we finished, Adam was straddling me, my legs around his waist. His face was in mine, breathless, he let his face rest on my shoulders before standing and helping me up. The audience was clapping loudly. I glanced over at Louise who was raising an eyebrow at me with a smirk.

“That was fun” Adam whispered in my ear.

“It was, thanks” I laughed walking down off the stage.

“Woah, that was a little heated!” Louised cooed suggestively

“it was all in the name of a laugh Lou” I joked

After the show Louise dropped me off at home. It was about 11pm. I glanced over at Matts house as I walked up the path.

The lights were still on.

He’d not spoken a word since last night, except for when we were rehearsing, and I knew he was just doing what we’d both decided was best, but it hurt. I unlocked the front door and walked inside. I made a coffee and sat down to drink it. Before I was half way through there was a knock at the door. I stood up and walked over.

“Whose there?” I called, my voice wavering…. Who visits at 11pm?

“Matt”

I unlocked the door and let him in. He was wearing his pajamas which made me smile. Something was obviously playing on his mind and he couldn’t sleep.

“You okay Matt?” I asked following him in to my kitchen. He ran his fingers through his hair and

paced the kitchen floor.

“I’ve been offered a job In San fran” He blurted out “Starting in February just after the production”

My heart thudded, and it felt like it was being squeezed. I swallowed hard to hold my composure and nodded