Chapter 3 - Head Over Heels

I walked back upstairs after locking the doors and turning out the lights. I walked into my room and stood in front of the mirror. I sighed and tugged at my baggy black t-shirt, I looked like a 12 year old boy. It had never bothered me before, in fact I loved hiding my curves, My long straight auburn hair was pulled up in to a tight, but messy bun. I didn’t wear make-up, although my complexion was pretty good, I had my mom to thank for that. My blue eyes were hidden behind my black framed glasses, I had contacts but I never wore them… mainly because I loved not being a piece of meat to the hungry eyes of the male student body and fortunately for me, most of the boys at my school were incredibly superficial. Something felt different right now though, and I wasn’t sure what. One thing I was sure of though, was the fact today had unsettled me, completely to the very centre of my being.

The next morning when I woke, my parents were already gone for the day. It wasn’t anything new to me, but it had never gotten easier over time either. I opened my closet and took out a pair of jeans and, my hands slid over a fitted white top and black woollen cardigan my mom had bought me the year before. I’d never worn it. I pulled the clothes on and stood in front of the mirror. I cocked my head and ran my hand over my breast and down over my hips. I argued with myself for a few minutes, about whether or not I should go back to my usual ‘style’ of dress or stay in the top. I opted to stay in the top, because I really couldn’t be bothered changing again.

 I grabbed my bag and headed out the door and down the end of the driveway to wait for the bus. I saw Mr Cartwright exit his house, he glanced over and saw me and I shot him a smile, however he just looked away again and got in his car. I frowned not sure what I had done to offend him this time, but I shrugged as he drove away, it was his problem. The bus came a few minutes later and I boarded. When I got to school both Ryan and Louise were already there, waiting by the bus stop. Louise looked like she might have a hernia from excitement, although I wasn’t completely sure why. I hopped off the bus and walked over to them.

“Details!” She exclaimed bouncing from foot to foot. I raised an eyebrow and looked over at Ryan who shrugged and then said “She’s been like this since you went offline”

“hey, you’re not wearing a baggy t-shirt!” Louise said, her excitement only heightening

“Hey yeah….. you look nice Andrews” Ryan said looking me up and down. I self-consciously pulled the cardigan over my chest and looked over at Louise

“Eh, all my clothes were in the wash” I lied “Look I was made to write names on folders for an hour, I missed the bus, he gave me a ride home… and it turns out he is my new neighbour” I exclaimed flippantly.

“Really!! Well I guess more visits to your house is in order!” she swooned

“See now I thought it would be more reason to avoid visits to my house but whatever” I joked.

“Maybe we should have a sleepover this weekend?” she suggested “Nothing to do with the hot sexy teacher though, I solemnly swear, we just haven’t had one in ages!”

“I’m in, my parents will be working, and you guys know I love the company”
“Sounds great” Ryan added with a grin

We walked into school and thus started the day of moronic learning. At lunchtime as I was walking to meet Ryan and Louise In the cafeteria I was reading a text on my cell phone from my parents saying that they would be going away this weekend. I frowned stuffing the phone back in my pocket, frustrated that they communicated with me only through electronic means, unless I was working for them. Before I had a chance to look up I crashed into the back of someone