Chapter 16 - Telling truths

This is a complete filler chapter I won't lie. I promise some interesting and somewhat dramatic stuff in the next couple of chapters though.

*******************

I expected Matt to walk away, he was already half way down the path, and I was the girl who’d claimed to have used him as a pawn in her little games. I’d have walked if the roles were reversed. He stopped though, and turned around. He walked back in to my front door and through to the dining room. I closed the door and locked it behind him.

“I wasn’t lying about being harassed Matt” I whispered.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and skimmed through to the texts from the stalker. Texts I’d kept there, for when the time came. I placed the phone in front of him. There was only two texts left, but they were still pretty damning, I was just thankful she had been dumb enough to use her own phone. Matt stared at my phone for a few minutes.

“There were others, I just deleted them when She took my phone of me in class.”

 “This is Everly’s number” He whispered. “She was stalking you… us” he said realisation hitting.

“I only worked it out today” I nodded, sitting down at the table.

“The kicker is the phone call. The thing I don’t have any proof of. She told me I had to make you think I didn’t love you, to make you hate me or she’d ruin you, then hurt you and my friends.” I choked out, afraid my admittance was signing the lives of my friends away. “She said if I did, then no one would get hurt. But she lied Matt, because then she went after you!” I cried, tears furiously rolling down my cheeks.

“You lied, that day… everything you said was lies?” He asked, looking up at me, his face full of disbelief. I nodded, tears continuing to drop on to the table, my eyes focused on a spot on the table.

Matt’s hands covered mine for a second, and then one moved to my face, he tipped my head up to look at him, his eyes softening, a small smile creeping on to his face.

“You love me afterall?” He questioned tentatively

“Yes” I managed to whisper, before I could speak again Matts lips were on mine.

My head began to spin as I let myself fall in to the kiss. The electricity had grown into an overpowering firey warmth and I felt myself ruing all the moments I’d missed out on the last month.

Then I remembered Miss coates. I remembered that she was a very real issue here, and that Matt was still in danger, my friends were still in danger. I pushed matt away

“Matt, we can’t be together”

“Why not”

“Because you’re psycho fiancé might hurt you guys. Because she will make it impossible for us to be together when you break up. She will go to the school board Matt. You need to prepare to fight allegations, because they will come…. Regardless of what happens now.”

Matts face fell and he knew I was right. He sunk in to the seat and swore under his breath.

“Why didn’t you call the cops… I told you to” Matt whispered.

“Because you’d have lost everything for Me Matt, everything. I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself.” I replied honestly.

Matt stood up and ran his hands through his hair. He paced the floor and then said