Chapter 15 - Moving on with the enemy?

I walked upstairs to my bedroom and fell on my bed, my emotions letting rip. I cried uncontrollably for what seemed like hours. Trapped alone in my pain, unable to tell a soul. I wanted to run away.

Around 8.30pm my phone rung, but I let it go to voicemail.

I’d like to say at this point I ran across the road and told Matt I was lying and tell him that I do love him and I was being threatened. 

I was sorely tempted, but the thought of anyone getting hurt held me back. I just prayed that somewhere deep down, Matt knew I loved him.

I got up off my bed and sat at my laptop.

Ryan and Louise were both online.

Louuuuie – Hey Elliot, you didn’t answer my call before

Elliebellie – Sorry. I wasn’t in the mood for talking.

Louuuuie – You okay?

Ryryguy – yeah…. Are you?

Elliebellie – I did something stupid, but it is over now. I just need to move on.

Louuuuie – Wait. What? It’s only been a week… did he do something?

Ryryguy – He? He who??

Louuuuie – Ells, what has happened

Elliebellie – I thought I loved him Lou, but I don’t. I broke his heart and he hates me.

Louuuuie – You’re lying. Why?

Ryryguy – Who the fuck are we talking about. Ellie, I am worried this doesn’t sound like you.

Louuuuie – Ellie, I’m coming over.

Elliebellie – NO!!!!!

She couldn’t come over, chances were whoever was watching me, was watching the house. If a friend came now, it would look strange, they’d know I was talking about the situation, My friends and Matt would be at risk again. Instead I wrote it out, unsure how Ryan would react after being in the dark for so long. He’d be angry, but I prayed he’d listen and be the Hopeless romantic Ryan he’d always been.

Elliebellie – Someone is threatening me. They said they’d ruin him, and then hurt him and my friends.

Ryryguy – Who?

Louuuuie – Ryan, some things are a little complicated.

Ryryguy – If you say Matt I am not going to be in the least surprised. Even I could see the sparks flying off of you two, right from the start.

I found myself smiling momentarily, until I was reminded of the present situation.

Elliebellie – Yes Matt. I should have given you more credit Ry, I am sorry.

Louuuuie – Tell him.

Ryryguy – I agree, he’ll be able to help you.

Elliebellie – He’d end his career. For me. I can’t do it, I can’t be the reason his entire career choice goes down the gurgler. I’ll tell him everything after graduation. Then this won’t be an issue.