Chapter Thirteen

"Hey babe," someone whispers, and I open my eyes, Derik. I'm pressed against him, his strong arms wrapped around my little body, his face staring down at me, and- our clothes are over the back of the truck.

Memories of last night come floating back to me, the kisses, the undressing, and the pleasure and pain. I'm no longer a virgin, and if Derik was he's not anymore either.

Way to go, whore. You slept with him on your first date!
Hey if it doesn't work out, there are some other guys who you can spread your legs for!

I can feel tears building up in my eyes, but I can't cry, not with Derik smiling down at me. "You okay baby?" He asks gently. The smile is gone from his face and replaced with concern. "Yeah," I nod. "It's morning and we should probably head home." "Oh okay," he says and lets go of me.

Soon we are dressed and Derik's driving me home. Neither of don't really know what to say to each other, so I take out my phone and turn on.

I'm not antisocial, I just like to check my phone incase I missed something important. I did. Oh God. I did.

Text Messages:
Ash:
Please help me.
I can't do this alone.
I can't take it anymore!
AMANDA! Please tell me that at least one person in the world loves and accepts me.
Amanda, please I really need you right now.
Amanda...
Please...
AMANDA!
ANSWER ME PLEASE!
DON' T LEAVE ME ALONE!
I REALLY NEED YOU!
Well I guess that you are gone too. Goodbye Amanda. Since no one cares about me, I'm leaving. I doubt that I will get into heaven, so I'll probably end up in hell. It was nice knowing you, but I don't have anyone anymore and I just can't do this. I'm sorry. Goodbye.

"Derik!" I half yell, turning in the passenger seat to face him. "I need you to drive to my friend's house."

"Why?" He asks not looking at me.

He thinks that you're disgusting.
A disgusting whore.

"Something bad has happened and I need know that they are okay," I can hear the shakiness in my voice.

"Okay," he says and I start giving him directions to Ash's place.

Why was I stupid? If I wasn't too busy spreading my legs for some guy I barely knew Ash- is he even alive!? Panic starts swelling up inside of me. Something happened to Ash, and I wasn't there for him. I guess I'll be just like everyone else in his, another disappointment, another person who let him down and hurt him. Because of me Ash could be dead.