Chapter Twenty-Four

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?" My mother shouts as soon as I walk into the house. I put Noah's number in my phone before I came inside. "I went to see a movie with some friends," I say calmly. "Didn't Gwen tell you?"

"I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!" She screams and pushes me down on the ground and starts beating me. I whimper in pain and start crawling away. "OH NO YOU DON'T!" She yells and kicks my side. I feel tears building up in my eyes.

"YOU STUPID GOOD FOR NOTHING BITCH! YOU RUINED MY LIFE! I FUCKING HATE YOU SO GODDAMNED MUCH!" My mother screams and grabs the poker for the fire place. I watch as she raises it above her head and slams it down next to my head. I scream.

I might actually die. My mother could kill me with that thing. I try to get up, I try to get away, but she kicks me down. She raises it up and swings it down, this time landing on the other side of my head. I bite back a scream and manage to get to my feet.

My mother swings and hits me in head, knocking me down to the ground again. Dots dance in front of my eyes. I see the poker coming down, I grab it before it hits me. I yank it from my mother's hands and swing it like she did. I hear a loud thud over the ringing in my ears.