The Museum

London, England, 2016,

   Mason James walked along, reading about an English professor who had found a mummy in his London estate on his phone. Apparently the mummy was female, about two hundred years old and in remarkable condition. She lay in a glass coffin and at her feet was an apple encased in crystal. They had dubbed her Snow White since her beauty had not faded throughout the years. The mummy was now housed at the London museum. 

   Mason James was twenty, had a six pack but yet was still considered a geek by his friends due to his love of comics and science. He had started collage a year ago, pursuing a course in biology. His eyes were brown mixed with grey and his hair was jet black with a streak of white in it. The white streak was heredity. Hmm, the museum was only an hours ride away from here on the tube. If he was quick about it, he could see the mummy before he had to return to his studies. He pocketed his mobile and headed towards the station. Inside it was packed and a lone guitar player punctured the din. He dropped two pounds in the players case before heading toward the train. Once inside, he plugged his headphones into his mobile and pressed play on a song called "Honey, I'm Good". He leans back, his hand in a secure grip on the pole. The train sways along, its wheels chugging a rhythmic tune through the carriage. In almost no time the train screeched to a halt at the station. He got off, jostled by a large mass of people going the same way he did. He enters street level and then walks toward the museum. Inside a stegosaur greets him like an old friend, he had been here many times as a child. Mason pays for a ticket and then wanders off to find the English mummy.

  She is on display near the Egyptian mummies. They would probably find a better place once the media surrounding her died down. The coffin is locked with a carved silver lock. He stares down at the porcelain beauty, her lips are still a bright ruby red and her black tresses still hold a shine to it. At her bare feet lies an apple with a single bite to it. Blackish blood surrounds the bitten apple. His eyes flick up to her face again and he is alarmed to see ivory fangs peeking over her bottom lips. Those weren't there before. He shook his head, thinking he was just sleep deprived. He smiles when he no longer see the fangs. Mason is transfixed by this mummies beauty and he stays until the museums announces that it is closing. He sighs and heads back when he is stopped by a figure in a cloak,

   "Someone that beautiful deserves a kiss, don't you think?" The figure hisses.

      Mason thinks for a moment before answering.

   "Yes." He sighs.

  The figure presses a cold key to his hand.

   "Tell no one of this."

   " Cross my heart." Mason's mouth quirks into a smile.

   Mason looks to see if there was anyone here and then quickly unlocks the case. He lifts the lid off with ease and sets it on the floor. He runs a finger down her ivory cheek.

   "My love." His voice is strangely far away.

   He leans over her and melds his lips to hers. Nothing happens and he somewhat regains himself. Oh, well. He places the lid back on and strides out of the museum to the suspicion of no one. He returns to the collage and remains fixated on his studies.