Be By My Side Forevermore

It was early evening. Rhys had not left Elinors side even though her body lay still and empty. Even in death, her beauty had not been snatched away. I scrubbed a hand through my hair and stomped slowly upstairs. I sat looking at the sunset from the window seat and watched as the skies opened, lashing rain onto the window. I jumped when I heard a voice,

       "Hello, Mason." Selena said quietly.

   I did not reply. I heard a her sigh and then she crossed the room to me. She plonked next to me and rested her head on my shoulder. I wrapped an around her waist.

   "It's been a tiring day. We've been through a lot."

    "That we have, Selena."

         "I think, I'm ready for love. Elinor would have liked us together. We mesh well, don't we, Mason?"

    "What are you saying, Selena?" I mutter confused.

       She turned and kissed me fully. I was momentarily startled and then I scooped her her up and planted her on my lap. She gave a squeak as I kissed her back passionately. I nuzzled her neck,

      "I want all of you. Every little thing. From your head down to your toes." I whispered into her ear.

    Selena went scarlet. I chuckled and she smiled in return. I secured my arms around her and headed towards the bed,

  "Do you...?" I questioned.

      "Take me." Her tone was breathy.

    I set her on the bed, she lay back and gave me a hooded look. I mustered a manly grin which made her laugh. I settled over her keeping my weight off her. My fingers undid the buttons on her shirt,

   "Why so slow?"

      "I want to tease you." I mumbled into her ear.

     My tongue swirled around her earlobe before I bit it lightly. She shivered as I placed lingering kisses down her neck, into the space between her breasts. My hands gripped her hips, sliding across to undo her jeans. Her hips jerked up, allowing me to slide them off. One of my hands gripped her upper thigh. I slammed my lips back onto hers just as my fingers pushed up her bra causing her to gasp. A flick of fingers across her breast had her arching her back. I kissed the hollow at the base of her arched neck. She looked lovely with her blonde hair across the pillow.

   "My turn now?" She looked at me with dilated pupils.

      "No." I growled.

     Swish. Off came her bra and shirt. Her fingers tugged off my shirt, making them land in a heap. I eyed her as my mouth latched onto her bare breast. My teeth grazed her nipple slightly.

      "Ma...son..." She moaned.

       I moved my hands lower. She bucked at the suddenness and cried out.

     "Teaser." She said huskily.

    I removed my mouth and grinned at her. She stuck her tongue out at me.

        "More?" I gave a wolfish grin.

    "Enlighten me." She panted.

      I flexed my fingers and she ground her hips into the mattress. Enough of that. A couple seconds later we were joined as one. I nipped her neck as she gripped my shoulders. I pushed her hands onto the bed and raked my fingernails lightly down her arms.

    "I love you, Mason James." She said huskily.

       "I love you more, Selena."

       A few moments later, we were a heaving sweaty mess on the bed. We couldn't help but grin at each other, triumphant. Selena fell asleep shortly afterwards. I made slow circles on her back, content. We needed each other despite the tragedy that had occurred. I kissed her forehead and closed my eyes.