Non Compatible

I half dragged Rhys into the sitting room, practically throwing him on the sofa. He sort of groaned and fell off again. Great, he's acting like a drunk. This is going to be so difficult.

    "I've never seen him like this. Mortal, I mean. Wonder what will happen when he wakes, probably something stupid." Selena commented.

    I had to agree with her. Since Rhys had been undead for four hundred years, he could become volatile, clumsy and a little reckless. He had been used to the grace and speed of a vampire so becoming mortal had put a spanner in the works, so to speak. Rhys suddenly woke and his hand latched onto my ankle. Needless to say, I screamed like a girl. Which sent Selena and Melody into fits of giggles.

  "Not funny. I didn't know he was going to do that." I tried to calm my pounding heart.

     I knelt next to Rhys whose eyes frantically searched the room.

         "Elinor." Rhys croaked.

          "She's not...here." I tried.

    Apparently that was not what Rhys wanted to hear. He shot up and lurched out of the door. We heard a crash and darted to investigate. Rhys had knocked over a table which had a potted plant. He was now covered in earth and bits of leaves. He looked a little pathetic.

   "Are you ok there, buddy?" Selena asked.

      "I will be." 

        He sat, looking very confused. Then he convolsed, steamy grey mist leaking from his mouth.

           "It won't...work...I'm too damned for my....own...good." He gasped.

    Rhys arched his back, his mouth open in a silent cry.

       "Is he doing this?" Melody said, wide eyed.

   Selena and I nodded. We knew Rhys was far too stubborn to remain a mortal. He had a mission, to save Elinor once more. By doing that, maybe he could save his soul.

    "I'm going to get a container." I announced.

        I jogged to the kitchen and straight to the sink. I retrieved a peanut butter jar with the remnants of the spread at the bottom. Well, this will have to do. I sprinted back to the hall. I kind of shushed the soul into the jar, sealing it. Rhys' whole persona changed violently. His head whipped towards me, showing danger in his pitch black eyes. My knees trembled slightly with fear. His mouth curled into a smile, showing the tips of those razor fangs.

  "Oh, dear. I'm afraid he's gone full term." Melody whispered.

       "Those bastards will never know what hit them." Rhys hissed.

      With that, he strode directly to the mirror.

       "Wait! Elinor might not even be alive!"

             Rhys eyed me with a gaze that said back off. Alrighty, I guess he knew what he was doing. We let him pass, a deadly angel bent on revenge.