Chapter 19- The gift

"So is there any way I can like help out or something?"

"No I'm sorry, at the moment all occupations are full, but maybe the one down the street will have something."

"Alright thanks." I walked out of the boutique with a gloomy look on my face. Which honestly has been there for a bit over a month. See I'm job hunting. I've been really depressed since the boys left and I figured I need to do something for myself. There's still 3 months to go and I honestly don't want to just sit around. Since I'm being home schooled my work is done In no time. So as a teen a job should be somewhere in my life. Right? But no one wants to hire an armless girl. Everyone thinks I cant do anything and that really irritates me. I've learned to deal with it. I can do pretty much anything now and I just wish people would give me a shot but doesn't seem like that's happening anytime soon. "
I continued walking aimlessly around the streets wondering if anyone would hire me when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked

"Hey Annabelli!" Ashton whispered yelled.

"Ash? Why are you whispering?" I asked

"Welp I'm calling you while sneaking around so yeah." He replied in a whisper

"Why are you sneaking around? Did you do something to the boys?" I instantly assumed.

"No...well...not the reason why im sneaking around at least." He chuckled lightly then I heard a door shut. "Ok I'm outside no one will hear me out here." He said in his normal voice.

"Well congrats now will you tell me why your sneaking around Ash?"

"It's just I need to tell you stuff and the boys made me swear to secrecy..well secrecy from you at least. But I think you need to be informed my lovely Belli Jelli" His mock fanciness was hilarious.

"Alright.....Whats going on?" I asked as I sat on a bench on the sidewalk in a park, it was pretty lonely so I knew no one could hear this conversation.

"Well first off, have you read what Luke left for you the day we left?" He asked.
Oh crap! I had forgotten about that. Actually I could never find it..

"Well..no. That day I looked for it but couldn't find it so then I forgot about it." I said shyly. He just chuckled.

"It's ok. I seriously figured you wouldn't find it. Luke was very unsure of putting it there but did anyways."

"Put it where?"

"That's an answer for later. Onto the next thing. We need you to get your pretty little arse on a plane and come to us. Luke is not coping at all. And I mean at all. Its only a month and our management is on our ass because of it. He's not doing good in gigs. He's mopping around everywhere and the fans notice he's not being his awkward self. It's like he's just there. When we're not doing gigs or meeting fans hes in his bunk with the curtain closed. He's cried a lot.Not even pengi is helping him!"

"Ash.....-" I was cut off by a loud sound from the other end of the line. "Ashton?" No answer. "Hello? Is anyone there? Hello?!"

"Bella?" The voice was vaguely recognizable. I knew it was him but at the same time I couldn't tell if it really was or wasn't.

"Luke." His breath hitched and a little sob escaped his mouth and traveled miles through a phone line to reach my hear and break me down. My Luke was crying who knows where and I was the cause of it. "Luke, please don't cry. I'm here."

"You're ok. I thought they had hurt you. I thought they had gotten to you. They-" So it was them. They caused Luke to be like this. I hate them so much. I cut him off.