Chapter 20 Maybe its time

Today is the day. Today is probably one of the biggest days of my life. A few months ago I found a gift that was given to me by 4 of the best guys out there. Each of them wrote something down and added a picture to it. One of the 4 boys was one of the most important people for me. What he said made me realize a lot of things. For one, I was madly in love with him. 2) I needed to over come my fears. I made some promises and I wasn't keeping them. I was lying to myself for a really long time and I realized I needed to stop that. A few days after I found the gift I went back to job hunt but this time I wasn't looking in a retail shop or a restaurant or anything like that. This time I was looking to book a gig. Somewhere where I could sing my heart out. It had always been my ultimate goal. I wanted to be a singer. After looking like a crazy person I finally found a place. I started playing at this café 2 times a week. The people were loving me and I loved the feeling of being on stage. The way the crowd made me feel and how I got lost in the music the minute I hit the stage. It was the most amazing feeling ever. Soon I started to play 5 days a week. Not even a week into it I got asked to play the weekends. about 3 weeks later a guy walked into the shop requesting to see me. He told me that he had heard about my performances and thought that I could have a shot in the big world. I was beyond happy. I got an offer to get signed to a label and start performing in actual local centers. Not a café but like an actual gig. The thought blew me away and without a second thought I agreed. Today is the day that I sing on the big stage for the first time. Today I get to perform to 250 people. Biggest crowd ive ever played. But today isn't just important because of that. Today the 4 boys that changed my life are coming back. The world tour they were in was finally over. They were coming home. I was an emotional mess because I haven't seen them in a bit over half a year. I was nervous. I'm not sure if I'll even get to see them today or not but I know I eventually will. It scares me to think how they'll be. I kept in contact with really only Ashton. And it was more of a secret. Luke didn't want to talk about me at all and that broke my heart but I decided I wasn't going to let it bring me down. I loved him I cant deny the obvious but if he had moved on that I was going to take my love for him and put it in a song. Sing out until I move on too. I have over come my arm thing. Its as if I was normal. The men that were after the band never came back and let me just say that was the best part. Not having to worry about them being on my back or on the guys' back either.

I sat in the dressing room backstage trying to calm my nerves. I was waiting for Jade to come and help me calm down but as usual she was late. Yes me and Jade have been talking and we're still best friends. We had to overcome what had happened before. We both needed each other a lot more than we thought.

"I'M HERE" she yelled as she entered the room

"Bout time sweet pea" I said sarcastically.

"Sorry its just I kinda ran into someone....and well ya..." She said quietly. The way she said it and how she wouldn't look me in the eye told me something was up.

"Jade...whats going on?" I stood up from my seat and approached her to make her realize she was going to have to tell me.

"Nothing..I'll tell you after the concert ok?" She still wouldn't meet my gaze.And that's when it clicked. She'd seen them. She ran into them. I mean we were still in the same town and I knew they were arriving today.

"You saw them?" I whispered. She looked at me and her eyes answered for me. "It's fine." No its not.

"Hey, look they're back but don't let that affect you. Remember you have this big shot today and that's whats important. Not that hes back." She hugged me to reassure me but lets be honest them being back was big to me. Really big.

"Time to go on stage." One of the stage managers called out to me. I simply nodded and pulled away from Jade.

"Wish me luck?"