Meet Your Rival | 4

As my brother dropped me off, so many questions were running through my head.

"What's with Rin and Haru?"

"What's Haru like now?"

"What does my bigi brother know?"

I started walking towards the school entrance but stopped as I saw Makoto with a guy. I wanted to greet him and say "Good Morning.", but he looked happy with the company he had.

Who is that guy?

I think to myself as I walk to my classroom.

I opened the door and peeked from outside. The teacher wasn't there yet, so I decided to put my earphones on.

I walked to my seat and sat down gently.

My (favorite genre) music was blaring through my earphones. I felt at ease.

Suddenly I hear a faint noise behind me.
It sounded like someone was calling out to me.

I slowly took my right earphone off and look behind me.

"(F/n)-chan! Good Morning!"

Makoto says as he gives me the cutest smile ever.

"Uh..good morning." I say slowly eyeing the raven-head near him. 

"What are you listening to?"

"...music..."

"Hahaha, why do you look so shy?"

"Nothing." I was honestly just tired and confused.

I looked away from him and as I was about to escape reality again, Makoto said something.

"(F/n)-chan! You wanted to see Haru, right?"
"H-Haru?! W-Where?!" I ask Makoto as I was shaking him slightly. I was eager to see what I was up against. Who my rival is.

Makoto tilted his head and pointed to his left side. It was that guy with Makoto a while ago. "Meet your rival!" Makoto says, jokingly. His face looked monotonous and I couldn't tell what he was feeling by looking at his countenance.

Is this guy really my rival? Heh, looks like it won't be that hard.

Or so I thought.

I didn't know if I was supposed to talk to Haru in his state. He wasn't even looking at me. He was silent. He didn't change at all.

"Thanks for telling me, Makoto." I lean in closer to Makoto and whisper in his ear:

"What has Haru-chan been up to lately-"

"Don't add '-chan' to my name."

I heard a deep voice say. I looked behind me and saw that it was Haru.

"I'll call you whatever I like, Rival-chan!"
I tell him as I cross my arms and stood proudly at my place.

"Rival...chan..?" He asks with a slightly confused tone.

"..what?"

"(Y/N)?"

"YEAH IT'S ME, RIVAL-CHAN! GET READY TO FEEL MY WRATH! HAHA!"

"Shhhhh!!!" I hear the whole class spew back at me.

Oops.

Haru's POV

Suddenly, (Y/N)'s stern and proud countenance faded, and she was really red.

"Why do you call me 'rival-chan' again? Is it just your way of getting close to me?" I tease her.

Her eyes widen, and she turns red even more.

"N-No! Of course not! Why would I want to be close to an emotionless guy like you? I call you 'rival-chan' because you're my rival and I have to beat you. Simple."

"I see.."

I say, averting my eyes from her and staring out into the outside world.

I wanna swim.

"Hey, Haru-chan, (f/n)-chan grew cuter, didn't she?" Makoto says, smiling.

"....no."

"Ehh?? That's so cold, even from you, Haru." Makoto complains.

"No. He's doing the right thing. You don't compliment nor cheer up your rival." You  said proudly.

Cute isn't really the word I would use. She looks mature..she looks..beautiful.

Ms. Miho then walks into the room and tells the class to settle down.

| Time Skip |

"Haru-chan, (Y/N)-chan, let's all eat at the roof together."

"But..rivals..don't eat together." (Y/n) states.
"Oh.." Makoto says with his eyes looking down.

"B-But! I'll..make the exception since Makoto is there..and it's not just Haru."

"Hahahaha! Great! Let's go!" Makoto says and grabs his bento box. I just follow both of them with nothing in my hands.

"Say, Haru, where's your lunch?"
Makoto asked me.

"I didn't bring it."

"Buy something then." (Y/N) suggests.

"I didn't bring money."

"Geez, you're hopeless." (Y/N) states.

"Oh, well, it can't be helped. I'm willing to share my food with you if you like! It's squid." Makoto says with a smile.

"No thank-"

"Haru-chan! Mako-chan! It's been a while!"
The three of us look down and see a blonde boy with magenta eyes.

"Mako-chan..?" Makoto says as he looks at me.

"Haru-chan...?" I say as I look at Makoto.

We both gasp and say "Nagisa?" in unison.

"RIVAL NUMBER FOUR!"

I hear (Y/N) shout as she points at Nagisa.

"(F/n)-chan...?" Nagisa asked with orbs full of hope.

(Y/N) nodded and put her hands back down.

"(F/n)-chan!~" Nagisa says as he runs to give (Y/N) a big hug.

"N-Nagisa?? Oi, what are you doing?" She says, trying to get Nagisa off of her.

But Nagisa kept hugging and burying his face into her (h/c) hair.

"We knew you didn't leave us~ I missed you so much, (Y/N)-chan~"

I expected her to get furious, but instead, she hugged Nagisa back and ruffled his hair.

"I missed you too, Nagisa." She says with a short but sweet smile.

Makoto was right. She did grow cuter. I don't know how to describe her anymore.

We all walked to a nice spot and sat down to eat.

"Thank you for the food!" We all said.

"Oi, rival-chan." (Y/N) says, holding out mackerel in between her chopsticks.

"E-Eat something. Say 'aahh.." she says as she opens her mouth, showing me what to do.

I usually didn't like being babied, but I let her go, I don't know why.

"Ahh..."

I love Mackerel.

"Isn't Haru-chan your rival, (f/N)-chan..?"

Makoto asks as I chew the mackerel.

"Of course he is! But, if he dies of starvation, how am I going to race him?" (Y/N) states.

"How did you know I liked mackerel?"

"You smelled like it." (Y/N) says as she winks at me and laughs.

Somehow, I was having fun.