Quixotic | 16

quix·ot·ic
kwikˈsädik/

: foolishly impractical especially in the pursuit of ideals; especially : marked by rash lofty romantic ideas or extravagantly chivalrous action

-----------------

"One more!"

You say as you get out of the pool and put your goggles on. Before you could dive in, Nagisa stops you by holding you back.

"(F/n)-chan, that's enough, that's your 10th dive!"

"B-But I skipped too much practice-"

"Then attend!" He lets go of you. "Why aren't you attending in the first place?"

"I-It's nothing. Really stupid." You say as you take the goggles off and grab a towel.

"But, regionals are soon! Tell me what's wrong, maybe I can help?" Nagisa says scooching closer to you.

You give out a light chuckle. "Thanks, Nagisa. But, it's fine. See you soon."

You walk into the changing rooms and Nagisa lets out a sad sigh and walks away.

You put your mind at ease and thought about everything. Your brother helped you, though. His words strung through your heart and mind.

"You can't control who you fall in love with. But you can control what you do to make them fall for you too. Don't give up, okay?"

Cheesy, isn't he? As you were smiling lightly to yourself, Haru got in the pool. He knew you were here, and he wanted to talk.

As soon as you got out though, he got cold feet and sunk his head deep underwater.

You saw the movement from the pool but just shrugged it off. You grabbed your bag and walked away, whilst Haru mentally facepalmed.

When you were gone, he slowly lifted his head up and sighed. He got out of the pool and dried his hair, somehow, he wasn't interested in it right now. He was interested in you.

Suddenly a default ringtone rung from the corner and Haru recognised it. He opened the phone and checked the caller ID. It was Makoto.

"Makoto?"

"Hey, Haru! Well, did you tell her?" Makoto asks from the other line cheerfully.

"No, I couldn't. She..uh..was gone immediately."

Haru couldn't hear, but on the other line, Makoto was happy. He hated himself for wishing something like this, but he couldn't help it. He loved Haru, after all.

"Maybe tomorrow, then?"

"Yeah. Bye." Haru says abruptly and leaves Makoto hanging.

Makoto slumps down on his bed as the call ended and he decided to do something. This is stupid. His feelings- he's sure they'll always be ignored. So, he grabbed his phone again and called someone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, (f/n)."

••••

"Then what happened?" Nao asks you as she rests her elbows on your desk.

"He tried to kiss me. I felt really bad for stopping him- I really did. But, that would've been my first kiss." You say shyly.

"What?! You've never kissed anyone before? How cute!! What about me, Senpai? Am I worthy?" Nao says with a wink.

"Wow what happened to my innocent Nao? Hahahaha!" You both giggle until someone knocks on the door of your room.