Confusion. | 15

Your POV

I was so close to Rei. His hands were around my waist- they felt different now.

"W-What is it?!" I ask him loudly, since the fireworks were too loud.

"I-I!" He starts, his hands trembling and there was sweat slowly going down his temples. His face was so close to mine, but I didn't feel anything.

"I love you."

His words struck my heart immediately. He loves me. He loves me.

He leans down, moving closer to my face.

I put my hand in front of his lips- stopping him. He pulled away slowly and opened his glassy eyes.

"S-Senpai?" He asks me as a tear finally falls down his cheek.

This sight broke me, because I know that I broke him. I brought him out on this date, hoping that I could fall in love with him.

I thought I loved Rei. But this isn't right. We can't kiss.

I start sniffling and cover my face with my hands as I start to cry. I'm so bad.

"...I'm...so..sorry.." I say in between crying and sniffling. My vision is blurred, but Rei's hands never left me. Instead, they became even tighter around my waist. He pulled me into a comfortable hug as he pats my head and strokes my hair.

"For what?" Rei asks me as his voice slowly breaks, just like his heart.

"For this. For everything. I'm a bad-"

"No, you aren't." Rei states with no hesitation, and lifts my chin up- making me face him.

"Thank you for tonight. For everything." Rei tells me softly and gently.

After that, my eyes were red and I was tired. So Rei offered to carry me home, in his arms.

"You can fall asleep, if you'd like." He offers me with a kind smile.

"I really don't deserve you.." I say as I listen to his heart beat, leaning my head against his chest.

"No, I don't deserve you. You deserve the world, and more."

Why did it have to be Haru? Why can't a person choose who they fall in love with?

3rd Person POV

"We're here." Rei tells you, as he slowly puts you on your own two feet.

"Thank you, Rei." You say as you do your best to give him a smile, but it ends up sad.

"Hey, please cheer up, (f/n)-Senpai." He says, gently carresing your cheek.

You nod to him and kiss his forehead.

"Is it okay if you keep doing that? Y-You're okay with it?" Rei asks you nervously, thinking about you before himself.

"Of course. Goodnight, Rei."

"Goodbye, (f/n)-senpai."

He walks away and you watch his figure growing smaller and smaller as time passes.

You entered the house, and immediately got on the bed. You didn't even bother to change. Your sweaty clothes on you were fine, the thoughts filling your mind weren't. You decided that you had to think about this, because you don't want to lose Rei, or Haru.

Little did you know, that the calm Rei that always looks so confident and proud all the time- he was broken.

And he couldn't understand why. It hurt so much to love someone. He hated the fact that he couldn't see love but he could feel it piercing at his heart, taking his life force slowly. Love, making him breathe in and out heavily and making him cry endless tears down his dry cheeks.