You don't swim? | 10

"Rival-chan, c'mon, just race with me already..." (Y/N) asks tiredly for the 50th time.

"No, it's a pain." Haru rejects (Y/N) while she shakes and pulls on his arm.

"Please..the only reason I joined the swim team was to race you..." (Y/N) says as she falls to her knees, letting go of Haru.

"Is that all?" Haru asks (Y/N) as he looks down on her.

"Well, I..wanted to swim with Makoto and Nagisa but.." (Y/N) says as she looked down at the hem of her skirt, playing with her fingers.

"Just tell them." Haru said. "They're easy to talk to." Haru says, trying to give (Y/N) an encouraging smile, but fails.

"Yeah they are. You know," (Y/N) says as she stands up. "I always envied you four."

"Us four?" Haru asks her, tiliting his head slightly to the side. "Why?"

"Well, I mean when I see you guys swim," (Y/N) looks directly into Haru's eyes.

"You swim on the lane alone, yet you carry everyone with you."

Haru's eyes widened- the sentence was so simple, but it meant a lot. It occured to Haru that swimming in a relay meant as much for him as it does for (Y/N).

"Haru-chan! (N/N)-chan!" Nagisa says in between pants as he ran towards Haru and (Y/N).

"Nagisa! No running in the halls!" (Y/N) scolds Nagisa.

"We have a big problem!" Nagisa says.

"What is it?" Haru asks with a flat tone.

"We found out..that..REI CAN'T SWIM!" Nagisa says as he grips onto (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"Wait..what?" (Y/N) says with a blank look on her face. Why did Rei join if he couldn't swim?

"Mako-chan and I were just playing around and I wanted Rei to feel welcome..so I pushed him into the pool! When he didn't get up Mako-chan got him out, but he's not breathing!" Nagisa says as tears start to form at the corner of his eyes.

(Y/N) didn't waste anytime and ran to the pool. When she got there, she saw Makoto panicking and shaking as he searched for Rei's pulse.

Makoto's eyes landed on (Y/N) and his breathing slowed down a little.

"(F/N)-chan! Please help Rei! He's not breathing I-I don't know what to do!!"

(Y/N) ran to Rei and bent down on her knees, with Haru and Nagisa coming soon after.

"Is he going to be okay?" Nagisa asks (Y/N) with a wavering and worried voice.

"Rei needs CPR," (Y/N) states as she listens to Rei's heartbeat. "I'll give it to him."

"No!" Haru shouts. "I know CPR! Just let-"

"Haru, there's no time!" (Y/N) says as she lifts Rei's chin. As she leant in to close the gap between them, Haru stood up and looked away.

(Y/N) hurriedly started to give Rei CPR. She breathed into his mouth, and pressed his chest.

"Rei..hey Rei come back!"

Rei started coughing out water as the others sighed in relief. The purple - haired boy stood up and tried to see what was in front of him, but without his glasses all he could see was blurry faces.

"Rei! We're so glad you're back!" Rei heard a voice say.

"Who..? Who said that?" Rei says as he squints his eyes.

He suddenly feels something on his ears, realising they were his glasses.

He opens his eyes again and sees (Y/N) smiling sweetly at him.

"(L/N)-senpai! I..wait..how..?" Rei asks as he felt a blush crawling up his cheeks.

"Rei-chan!" Nagisa says as he gives Rei a tight hug. "I'm so sorry for pushing you!"

"Nagisa-kun-"

"REI PLEASE FORGIVE ME!" Nagisa pleads Rei as his grip gets tighter.

"Nagisa-kun..it's okay, you didn't know."
Rei says as he hugs Nagisa back.

"Who saved me?" Rei asks as he stood up.

"Well, Mako-chan got you out and (N/N)-chan gave you CPR!" Nagisa says as he stands up as well.

"Oh..I see..thank you Tachibana-san and.. senpai.." Rei says as he looks away.

"But," (Y/N) says as she stands up. "Why did you join the swim team if you couldn't swim?"

"I..well.." Rei says as he shifts his feet uncomfortably. "When I saw you swim
(L/N)- senpai, I wanted that freedom. I thought that if I joined, you could show me how.." Rei trails off.

"R-Really?" (Y/N) asks as she felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment. 

"Rei," Haru says. "It's not freedom, It's freestyle."

"Hey Rival-chan, why don't we race to show Rei what freestyle is?" (Y/N) asks Haru with a competitive smirk.

"Hmm.....no." Haru simply says and starts stripping.

"Rival-chan you're so unfair!" (Y/N) shouts as Haru dives into the pool.

"Oh well..I'll get him to race with me next time!" (Y/N) smiles with her eyes closed.

"Ah," (Y/N) says as she strips off her clothes. "In the meantime, I'll teach you how to swim, Rei."

"O-Oh..okay.." Rei says.

"C'mon then, before we swim we have to stretch." Makoto says as he walks to the changing room.

Rei and Nagisa follow Makoto into the room, as Haru is yet again annoyed by (Y/N) to have a race.

Rei then suddenly stopped in his tracks. He took his fingers and slowly touched his lips.
He just thought about how (Y/N) touched his lips with hers. And he started feeling..weird.

Did he like her? No way..they just met.
But every second with her has been so fun and interesting.

Maybe. Maybe he did like her. Just a little.

---------

Author's Note:

Omg I'm alive.

Yeah, school just came up and homework so just..UGH.

Anyway, I'll try to update more! Sorry for taking long. Thanks for reading!