Chapter 20

Paige pov

I groan in annoyance as Malum goes threw my clothes and keeps telling me how I need to go shopping.

"You only own black clothes, you need some color if you really wanna surprise Luke." Mikey states.

I get up and get out my blue hoodie "I also have blue!" I say defending myself.

"You don't own any dresses or skirts, wait what happened to that dress I made you buy?" Calum asks.

Shït.

"I-uh .. Um I gave it to Bryana?" I say but it comes out more like a question.

"Ok we're going shopping." Mikey and Calum say at the same time.

I groan, the only time I like shopping is when it's for wrestling merch or band merch not for a stupid dresses that I'll never wear anyway.

-

When we make it to the mall Mikey drags me into forever 21 and picks out lotions and perfumes for me and a black flowered dress. I scrunch my face in disgust "I'm not wearing that."

He rolls his eyes "how about this?" Calum shoves a dress in my face, it's a long strapless red dress that has a cut on the left side revealing my left leg.

I shake my head and they sigh "Paige you have to dress fancy and nothing says fancy more than a nice dress." Calum reasons.

I sigh "ok fine just nothing to slutty like last time." I groan.

-

It's 7 pm and I have no plans so I'm just gonna watch Netflix and order pizza.

I was going somewhere with Luke but he sent me a text saying he had to cancel cuz something came up.

I get bored and go to Johnny's room but he isn't there so I grab my Aj Styles hoodie and phone.

I go for a walk and its surprisingly dark out.

After 20 minutes of walking I take a break at my favorite place, I sit on the ground "hey" I smile "things are getting better down here, I know you're living the better life up there though" I look up at sky and smile brightly.

"I miss you." I feel my eyes getting watery but I fight the tears "I remember we always use to sing this song, i-i memorized it."

'I heard that you've been self medicating in the quiet of your room.

The sweet suburban tone,
and if you need a friend I'll help you stitch up your wounds.

I heard that you've been having some trouble finding your place in the world I know how much that hurts,

But if you need a friend then please just say the word.

You've come this far you're all cleaned up, you made a mess again.

There's no more trying time to sort yourself out.

Hold on tight, this ride is a wild one. Make no mistake the day will come when you can't cover up what you've done.

Now don't loose your fight kid, it only takes a little push to pull on through. With so much left to do, you'll be missing out,

And we'll be missing you.

I heard that you've been having some trouble finding your place in the world I know how much that hurts, and if you need a friend then please just say the word.

You've come this far you're all cleaned up, you've made a mess again.

There's no more trying time to sort yourself out.

Hold on tight this ride is a wild one. Make no mistake the day will come when you can't cover up what you've done.

Now don't loose your fight kid, it only takes a little push to pull on through.

With so much left to do, you'll be missing out,

And we'll be missing you.

Grit your teeth, pull your hair, paint the walls black and scream "fück the world cuz it's my life I'm gonna take it back!"

And never for a second blame yourself.'

When I finished singing I wiped a few tears away and got up.

"You have a nice voice." A voice complements making me jump.

I turn around to see Louis "what are you doing in an alley?" He asks.

"I could ask you the same question." I shoot back.

"I smoke here, you?"

"My cousin ended herself here, I come every once in awhile to remember all the good memories we shared here." I feel a few tears escape my eyes.

Louis clears his throat "I'm sorry I shouldn't have a-"

"No it's fine." I cut him off.

"But seriously you have a really nice singing voice."

"Thanks." I smile but can't find enough energy to keep that smile up long enough.

"I really wanna sing you this song right now but it's not the time and I can't sing." He states awkwardly.

"Sing it." I demand.

He sighs and takes a deep breath "no I forget the words."

I sigh "ok maybe some other time." I walk back home and see a concerned Johnny waiting for me.

Oh no.

-------------