Chapter 22

Luke's pov

I'm a dumbaśs, I was happy and things were going great but I had to ruin it!

I didn't mean to hurt Paige when I said something came up something really did come up, Ashton told me to go to his place and that it was urgent.

Unfortunately I didn't note the sarcasm in his tone and ended up in a party.

I don't remember much because the first thing I did when I got there was start drinking but according to Johnny I cheated on Paige and posted a lot of shît on my story.

I chug down the rest of my soda and call Paige.

"What do you want Luke?" Annoyance clear in her tone.

"C-can I-I talk to you? I-I-in person?"

"I'm hanging out with Louis." She states bluntly, I feel a pain in my chest and jealousy fills me.

"What are you two dating now?" I spat my words with venom.

"No we're just hanging out calm the fück down." I can hear her holding back a laugh on the other end.

"Ok so how about later?"

She sighs "ugh fine!" After that she hung up.

1 hour later...

Paige's pov

I was hanging out with Mikey waiting for Calum to show up.

"Is Paige okay?" Mikey asks me in concern.

I nod "Paige is ok." I give him a re-assuring smile and he cuddles into me.

"Paige..."

"Yea?"

"I-I wanna take Calum t-to a re-restaurant." I could tell he was trying really hard not to stutter so I held him tight but not too tight to let him know it's ok.

"Ok so what's the problem?" I ask.

"No money." He pouts.

I'm about to say something when I hear the door bell ring, it must be Calum.

I go to the door and for some strange reason I feel an electric shock in a good way if that makes sense before I turn the door knob to see non other then Luke Hemmings.

Well Shït.

Well he is my brother's best friend of course I was still gonna be seeing a lot of him after our break up.

"Paige" he says but I cut him off.

"Save it Luke just cuz you're my brother's best friend doesn't mean we need to be." I walk away.

Luke grabs my arm and pulls me close to him "baby girl please just let me explain." He begs.

I look at him blankly waiting for his 'explanation'.

He sighs "Ashton called me telling me to come to his house, he said it was urgent but he was joking. Except I didn't know he was joking so I cancelled our date worried for my friend but he ended up taking me to a party and they kept offering me beers and I got really drunk and did stupid Shït I'm sorry I fücked up I know."

I sigh he was drunk but he could have left the shïtty party and he didn't have to drink.

I don't know what came over me but before I knew it I wrapped my arms around his waist and rest my head on his chest.

I could tell he was confused by my actions but he wrapped his arms around me and we stayed that way for a few minutes until Johnny came out of the room.

"PAIGE- oh" he says awkwardly and scratches the back of his neck.

"Ready to leave?" Luke asks and Johnny nods and walks out the door.

Luke gives me a quick peck "I'll come by later baby girl." He winks and bites his lip.

Dead.

I close the door and go back to my room "it wasn't Calum." I announce to a disappointed kitten.

I wrap my arms around him and we watch funny YouTube videos.

It's weird normally I'd don't cuddle people cuz I hate it but Mikey's like a 5 year old who's cheeks you just wanna pinch, you know?

-

7:30 pm

I put on black skinny jeans and my black tank top and a black and grey stripped sweater and a beanie.

I grab my phone and keys and put on black converse  making my way to the door.

I'm not sure why but I really wanna go to the alley I was in yesterday for some reason.

When I get to the alley I see Louis on the floor crying and hugging his knees breathing heavily.

Oh Shït.

I rush over to him and help him sit up "Louis! ... oh god are you ok? what happened?... What's wrong?" I try calming him down.

"Parents.......fight......... Hate me......... Wanna die." He says catching deep breaths in between words.

"Hey don't say that! You're an amazing guy and you're really funny and a great friend, plus you mean a lot to me, I need you to live." I say giving him a hug hoping my words calm him down.

It works.

"I feel stupid and worthless! Why are they always fighting!? And why the fück do they always take it out on me!? I hate myself so much! I hate that I'm not good enough!" I wipe away a few tears that slipped out his eyes.

"I know what that feels like." I give him a weak smile "but you're not worthless. I hated myself for a good 5 years of my life, I tried killing myself more than a thousand times I know life's a bïtch but carry on, it's gonna get better maybe not over night but things will get better."

I let him rest his head on my shoulder and wrap my arm around him and the other one is stroking his hair.

----------------