Chris

The weekend was a blast and I was sad to see it end so quickly. I watched Levy and Chit's love for each other blossom and wasn't even going to try and get between that but I watched Jake get jealous time and time again. His focus would be off, he'd lose concentration, he'd leave to go get snacks or drinks or go to the toilet. Maybe love at first sight was a thing, maybe he'd secretly like Levy for years, I wasn't sure but it was obviously hurting him. I have drawings I drew while I was there, of Levy and Chit, of our games, of Chit and Jake, of the snacks we ate and the drinks we drank. I drew at least five back-to-back pages of rough interlocking sketches that, for most of them, I don't remember drawing. I have sketches of Levy and Chit sleeping, resting their heads on one another. I have sketches of Jake rocking out a Guns N' Roses song, of the table tennis matches, of Monopoly, of Mario Kart, of soft drink pong and they were beautiful. I also had sketches of Chit and Levy flirting and Jake watching it in pain. There is pain drawn in his eyes and I know that these are sketches of things that actually happened. I remember Jake getting snarky with Chit and him not noticing. I remember looking into his eyes and seeing pain, sadness and jealousy. I remember following him out when he went to 'get some more snacks'. I remember watching him brace himself against the table, frowning and then stand up and run a hand through his hair aggressively. I remember walking over and wrapping my arms around him from behind and giving him a hug, not in a creepy way, just in an it's okay kind of way. And I remember him turning around and hugging me back.