Asking Your premission

Damian was now eighteen. He walked into his father's study.
"Father I wish to tell you something"
Bruce didn't even look up from his paperwork.
"I'm busy. Can it wait?"
"No. This is...important"
Sighing, Bruce looked up at Damian as he shifted uncomfortably before meeting his father's gaze.
"Well?"
"As you know I'm a fully grown adult now.."
"You don't want the talk do yo-"
Damian waved his hands frantically.
"No! No! It's too late for that anyway.. I just want to inform you that I am planing to visit West"
"Iris?"
"No. The other one"
"Jai?"
"Wally"
"And?"
"Because I want to ask for his blessing to prepose to Iris"
Bruce wasn't shocked. Instead he stood up and walked to his parents' picture on the mantle. He took it off the wall to reveal a safe.

Punching in the twelve number code, which Damian now knew, he opened the safe and pulled out a velvet box. He sat back down on his swivel chair and placed the box on his desk. Damian raised his eyebrow but Bruce just nodded towards the box. Slowly and I surely Damian reached out and opened the box. Inside was a beautiful ring. It was a gold band with a large red ruby.
Bruce cleared his throat, seeming to be in a daze as he stared at his son and the ring.

"It was my mother's. Your grandmothers. She left it for me so one day I could give it to my wife.. But I want you too have it"
"I can't.. It must mean a lot to you"
Bruce shook his head.
"I have many precious things belonging to her and even more precious memories. Think of this as a gift from her.. And my blessing"
Damian nodded. Clutching the box tightly in his grasp he turned to leave and whispered a "thank you"

He pulled up at the West house hold in Keystone city. The house wasn't as fancy as his but it wasn't unappealing. He walked through the front door, he knew Iris went shopping with Lian. He walked over to the staircase.
"Jai! Get your ass down here!" He walked into the kitchen to see Wally and Linda talking.

"Damian! It's so good to see you!"
Linda hugged him and he hugged back. He then shook Wally's hand. Jai, who was now much older came in and gave him a bro hug.
"I came for a very special reason. I want your blessing"
Wally looked puzzled.
"For?"
"To ask Iris to be my wife"
Linda gasped and covered her mouth in joy. Giving Damian another hug as Jai cheered and congratulated him. Wally looked conflicted. They all turned to him.
"Do I have your blessing?"
"I'm not ready to give up my little girl"
"I swear on my life I will never hurt her"
Wally gave a small smile before hugging Damian. When they were hugging he gave him a bone crushing hug, making it hard for Damian to breathe.
"Hurt my little girl and I hurt you.. Twice as hard"
Damian nodded and Wally let go.
"I have one more favour to ask"