Chapter Two: Innocence

Colton's POV

As I walked back home I kept on thinking of my dad. I didn't remember much about him. He died when I was only three, I didn't know how he died, I just remembered hearing voice in my head that told me he died and giant wings sprouted out of my back. The wings were a reminder. A reminder of my dad that comforted me wherever I went. His voice did too, he whispered in my head, giving words of wisdom and advice when I needed it most. He was a guardian.
I walked past an alleyway when suddenly I was grabbed by the cuff of my jacket and slammed against the wall. Someone rummaged through my pockets as my hands were held behind my back. I wrestled my hands free and tried to fend off my attackers, but instead I received a sharp blow to the ribs. The thieves ran away and left me in the alley alone. "DARN IT" I shout, slamming my fist on the ground beside me. As I stood up a sharp pain jabbed me in the ribs. Suddenly, I heard a voice in my head, one I had heard many times before.

You okay Colton?
' I'm fine'
You sure
'Yep'

I walk home slowly taking in what had just happened. This wasn't the first time this had happened.

Why do you let this happen to you Colton?
'What do you expect me to do?'
Let me help you. You know I can.
'I know you can but I am afraid of the outcome of letting you help me.'

Flashbacks of visits to the principals office popped up in my head. Whenever I had let my dad take over, it had never turned out good. I had already transferred schools seven times, I didn't feel like doing it again. My Dad whispered in my head again.

At least I'm better than Derp.
'Who's Derp?'
Never mind, it's better you do not know.
'Who's Derp?'
I said never mind
'Who's Der-'
I SAID NEVER MIND.

I decide to leave him be and walk home in silence.

Author's Note
It is impossible for me to completed this entire story without messing up tenses at least once. So if I do, let me know kindly. I would be very surprised if I do manage to keep my tenses straight the entire time. XD ~Nuke