CHAPTER 27

I walked back to my car with tears in my eyes, why didn't he say anything? I took a deep breath and I drove off with tears slightly blurring my vision so I kept blinking them away. I was on the highway back to my home and I kept wondering why did I even think it was a good idea?

 I must have zoned off as I was driving because the next thing I noticed was my car going off track and I hit my head, fuck I must have forgotten to wear my seat belt. I stayed there since my feet were a bit blocked when I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my ribs, great I must have broken them. I felt blood run down from my temple and I sighed trowing my head back, my vision got very blurry and so did my hearing, I was tired of this, just for a minute, I will rest for a minute. Before I closed my eyes I heard the faint sound of sirens in the back, good at least someone cares.

I slightly opened my eyes and I realized I was in a hospital, how long have I been here? I felt someone grab my hand and intertwine their fingers with mine, I also heard the faint sound of sobbing and then I heard the beeping sound of a machine.

" What the fuck?" I finally said and my voice was hoarse and my throat was drier than ever, at least I knew one thing I must have fallen in a coma. I turned to Dylan whose eyes were red and it was obvious he was crying, I smiled at him.

" Hey, Dyl can you get me some water?" I asked and he seemed relieved, he went outside and he told everyone I was awake, my brother was the first to run inside my room and I smiled, I tried getting up but my ribs were still in pain and I had to lie back down.

" Sis, how are you? Do you remember me?" he asked sitting on the bed with me and I laughed btu I grabbed my throat since it still hurt, I cleared it and smiled at him.

" Of course I remember you, you're my annoying ass for a brother" I said and he got up and threw his hands in the air.

" She's OK, she remembers everything" he said and he gave me a tight hug and I thought I felt a tear slip from him.

" You scared the hell out of me Caroline" he said softly and I kissed his cheek.

" I'm fine now" I whispered and he seemed to laugh. Dylan came back with a doctor who must be around 50 years old.

" Hi, do you remember your name? And who are these people?" He asked these questions and I rolled my eyes.

" I'm Caroline Abernathy nice to meet you and these are my parents, that's Nick my annoying brother and the guy next to you is Dylan" I said my voice might be hoarse bit it was dripping with sass. NIck giggled at my attitude and Dylan smiled.

" Nice to meet you too Caroline, so the fact that you woke up is great but I would like to run some tests on you, don't worry nothing too major I was thinking a blood test an MRI in order to see everything is OK with you and I have to inform you we had to remove your appendix or you would die" he explained and I nodded.

" Yeah, sure" I smiled and he nodded.

" I will be back and I will take some blood and then I'll make sure you get something to eat, what would you like?" he asked and I could think of a million things I wanted to eat but I hadn't eaten properly in days maybe even weeks so I had to be smart.

" A soup please and some water would be nice too" I said and he nodded leaving, Nick groaned and I frowned at him.

" You can have anything you want and you choose soup" he said and I laughed.

" I can't eat anything else and even if I do the chances are I'm going to puke it out in half an hour" I said and he rolled his eyes. The doctor came back with a very small blood bag and a needle so I extended my arm but I looked away. Dylan happened to be sitting next to me so I took his hand and he looked at me and then he smiled with a smile that can light up the world.