CHAPTER 6

It was a nice warm morning, I got up not wanting today to arrive. I took a warm shower and I kept sighing as I got dressed. I didn't want to give a speech today especially when I hadn't even finished writing my graduation speech, why me?

I put on the silly sort of dress that they gave us I took the hat and got downstairs, where I was blinded by the camera flash, I could've been warned first.

" Mum, you should have warned me before you took a picture" I said blinking my eyes.

" I know honey, I just can't believe that you are going graduate" she said hugging me and I hugged her back.

Dylan knocked on my door and he looked even sillier than I did, so he made me laugh. Truth is that things have sort of been awkward rather than weird, but I guess that's what happens when you get to see your best friend naked. I gave him a hug that lasted a little too long that my parents have to clear their throat.

We got in my car and we drove off, I took the long way on deliberately. We had discussed how we would take longer to arrive. I would miss this dork.

" So have you prepared the speech?" he asked and I gave him my phone and showed him.

" Oh" he said and then I noticed him taking pictures on my phone.

 We arrived quite early so we sat in the car and we listened to music. Before we got out we hugged again.

" I'll probably miss you, dork" I said getting out and he did too.

" I will too, geek" he mocked me and we laughed together as we walked and found Marry.

" Finally you're here, come with me" she said pulling me and I turned back to see Dylan laughing.

" Did you finish your speech?"

" Half of it" I said and Marry gasped.

" OK, I won't panic it's your fault" she said obviously panicking which made me laugh.

" Where will go for the summer?" I asked since she looked like she would have a panic attack in any moment.

" I will visit the campus, you?" she asked and I sighed looking at the stage, I should have finished the speech.

" Dylan invited to spend the summer with him, well July at least because at August he will go to film in Atlanta" I said and I sighed.

" What will he film?"

" Some sort of TV series called teen wolf"

The time where we would graduate came earlier than I wanted it to. We all lined up and the parents started sitting and I felt even more nervous. I checked my speech on my phone when I decided I felt inspired so I turned it off and I would improvise.

" And now the best student Caroline Abernathy" as I walked on the microphone there was around of applause.

" So" I started but I stopped and smiled because I was nervous.

" I need to be honest this was the best year of my life"

" I'm not saying I did drugs or anything like that" I continued and people laughed.

" But I understood how important friendships are, how we should try and see the bright side even if there isn't one"

" We should laugh because we don't know if we're going to be able to do it tomorrow"

" and for the younger people who are listening right now, it's not nice to talk behind people's backs. You should be honest with people even if it will hurt them, you need to live every single second of your life the way you want to do it because them you will have regrets learn to say I love you, they might be 3 simple words but they can change someone's life" I said and people were looking at me simply blinking.