That Moment

Hey... Guess what? Ring Ring became a hit despite our loss in Melodifestivalen.

Anyway, remember the cycle I mentioned before? We went back to step one. Oh and by the way, my album was done last year. Finally! People liked it too.

Going back to step one, we returned to writing and recording. Basically, we never gave up though it was taxing for us, considering the fact that we have our personal lives at stake, even our families.

I visited Anna one time, since she was on leave while I was on break. She truly looked perfect as a mother. "Hey there. It's me. The door was left open."

"Fri!!! I have missed you so much! How I wish I could be working now? But..." She looked at Linda who was in her arms. "I cannot leave my pretty baby here."

"Hi Linda. It's Aunt Frida again." I touched her soft cheek. "Do you miss me?" I laughed again.

"You're so funny, Frida. Of course she misses you." She was smiling at me. Then I reached my finger to little Linda and she grabbed it. Anna found it adorable, "You two look cute together." She looked at me, "Why not try carrying her?"

"Are you sure? She might cry you know. I don't like seeing other people crying, especially kids and loved ones."

"Don't be silly. You are a mother yourself. Here, take her."

So I did. It was actually a nice moment. Hey. Kids are my soft side, that's why. But Linda in my arms reminded me of those days with Hans and Lise-Lotte, my precious darlings. Going back, I was surprised that she never cried in my arms. "Hey, why isn't she crying? It's kind of a first time though. Awww... Who's the cute baby?"

"She likes you Frida. Can we babysit together when we're not busy?" Anna told me as I gave back Linda to her. "I mean, if you and Benny are not busy." She softly laughed while transferring her daughter to the crib.

"Very funny Anna, really..."

Anna and I became closer as Linda joined our family. When my kids come over, the same thing goes. It was as if we were one big happy family. We got to know each other more, and it somewhat guided us in the workplace. We learned our strengths, weakness, shortcomings, and other things. Basically, our families became one team. Meanwhile, Anna and I became the best of friends. But it was not yet the way we should be, well...for me.

Months after, I mean almost a year after, we were about to get to step two. Success or failure? For the second time, we joined Melodifestivalen with Waterloo. This time, it was a success.

Yep. We proceeded to step three which led us back to step one. We simply had to record and practice over and over just to perfect this song for Eurovision. "Hey Anna, still okay?" I asked her one time 'cause I've noticed that she was not sleeping at all.

"Hey Frida, I'm fine really." She sounded faint. "I am feeling great. I cannot be a burden for the team. Thanks for caring anyway. It's you who needed rest." She smiled at me.

Yep. Step one was just the hardest. We stressed ourselves between February and April. There were even times that Anna already slept on my shoulder when we were recording late. She drools sometimes.

Here we go... Step two again for Eurovision. I was nervous. Benny was holding my hand backstage before performing you know. I felt that I was not the only one nervous. "Hey Frida, no matter what happens, I love you."

"I love you too. And thank you for taking care of me." I leaned my head on his shoulder, but I got up. "Sorry, my hair might be a mess." We laughed together. Then he kissed me, "That was sweet, darling." I just kissed him back.

I was able to notice Björn and Anna cuddling on the other side. Yeah...yeah...They looked adorable actually. I just felt jealous but I know they were nervous too. Basically, they were just like Ben and I in comforting each other.

Moments after, we were called onstage. I just felt a bit shaky. Frida, you're the showgirl. I noticed Anna when we were already beside each other. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. We're one team." I reached for her hand, held it and pressed it to comfort her."

"Thank you Frida. Wow! This sure is gonna be big."

And you guys just have to watch the video online as to how we performed. In the end, step two was S-U-C-C-E-S-S! It was just a stunning moment. We just have to try and try again to success. I bet you guys saw pictures of couples kissing, and yep that was real. This win was a product of love and effort. It's just wwwwhoooooo!!!

Our happiness was elevated that time. Should I repeat that we were happy that time? Oh! Time to move on? Okay. 

The latter months brought all of us to step one. As usual... It was the usual celebrity thing: television guesting, music videos, promotions, and of course MORE RECORDING sessions. It was truly tiring, but I never felt tired 'cause my angels were beside me. No wonder "I believe in angels..." just kidding

"Hey Frida. You okay?" Anna approached me during one of our breaks. 

"Absolutely, you guys are my energy though sometimes the guys over there," I pointed at the sound booth, "stresses us out." I was referring to the men. 

"Oh come on Fri. They still love us. We just have to be inspired I guess." Then she smirked at me. 

"I get what you mean." I poked her nose. "Silly little sister." I began to tickle her until we fell on the floor. 

It was the typical movie scene. We were staring at each other. It was a long stare. It was as if a camera was needed; one for my perspective and the other for Anna. It was truly weird...awkward. As usual, the men heard the crash in the sound room, and they noticed that we fell. They quickly went to us. 

"Are you okay?" Ben asked us. "What happened?" 

I got up and apologized. "It was my fault really. Sorry Anna. Sorry guys." 

Anna went to her husband, and hugged him. "I'm okay. Don't worry. I started teasing Frida that's why it happened. Sorry too." 

We resumed to our recording session, but I was actually preoccupied by that moment. What could have happened? How am I supposed to explain what I have felt now? Oh please not now. 

"Hey Frida. You okay?" Anna noticed me. 

"Yeah. I am." 

"Are you free tomorrow? I just wanna hang-out with you." She smiled. 

I didn't know what to say. I guess it's the time to tell her. "Sure. Why not? I missed bonding with you 'cause we've been working." 

She and I were about to enter true stardom. But as we prepare for it, she and I had that awkward moment. She and I would go out days after. How on earth am I gonna tell her about my feelings?