Easy for You to Say

It was a recording day at the studio a month before the divorce was announced.

It was a normal day for me: a mixture of fun and stress. At the same time, it was not as normal as it seemed, as the chemistry was off.

She tried. He tried. They tried to keep it professional, but the wounds were so fresh that the hurt still showed.

Her eyes were just down. They were puffy. It was obvious that she cried every other time.

I was happy with my husband, but I couldn't bear to see my best friend very sad.

---------------------

"Hey, Frida. I'm fine. Don't worry." She tried to cheer herself up. She was trying to keep me relieved.

"Puffy eyes? Fine? I know you very well by this time." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Frida...I'm..." She was shaking. "I'm sorry." Her voice cracked. She walked out with her hands on her face.

The men were looking at me...staring at me. It was more intense with Björn. It was as if we wanted me to apologize, when he should be the one apologetic. I glared at him as I followed Anna outside.

I went out but she was not outside the door. She's most probably in the washroom. But as I was about to walk towards the washroom, the door of the soundbooth opened. "Hey, Frida." It was Björn. "What's with the glare? What did I do? You're the one who made her cry right now."

I raised my eyebrow. "Look who's talking." I sarcastically replied. "She'll be able to forget what I did earlier than what you did."

"So you know what happened between us?"

"Have you ever thought that maybe she'll call me to comfort her? It's weird. I remember telling you to never hurt her."

"Let's not get into that. All I want to tell you that we were hurting each other. It was our fault. I shouldn't have hurt her, and she shouldn't have acted that way. We just couldn't bear hating each other out of love."

"Easy for you to say... I know you're dating someone else."

"Do you think it's easy for me too? It was not at all. I still remember every detail of her, Frida!" He was building up anger.

"If you are smart, why didn't you fix this?"

"There are smart people who become fools in love, Frida. We tried every way. We tried solving the problem. The fire was dead." I saw in his face that he needed a breakdown.

"Let it go." I commanded him, but he was hesitant to do so. "I said let it go."

"I'm fine, Frida. I've let it go. I sometimes wish I can forget everything."

"Be careful of what you wish for..."

"I'm sorry Frida. I didn't keep my word. I hurt our little sister." He softly told me. I felt his apology. It was sincere. I understood that he didn't mean to hurt her.

"I just hate to see anyone of you sad, especially her." I told him.

"I know. I know how much you care about her. And I'm really sorry." He paused. He looked down and wiped his eyes. I made him cry.

"Are you crying?" But he was not looking at me, he was looking beyond. I looked back and I saw Anna. They were staring at each other, but Anna ran away.

"Wait!" We both called her.

"Frida, kindly do me a favor. You're the only one I could trust in this, because the you and Anna just have this special connection. Please bring her back here. Please mend her."