Chapter 13

I quickly dialed Madison's number. I sat on the edge of my bed as I heard ringing.
"Hey."
"Hey, sorry I didn't pick up earlier. I was....busy," I lied.
"Alex, we need to talk."
"Okay, what about?" I adjusted myself by criss crossing my legs.
"In person, you better show up for detention tomorrow," I heard her voice become slightly strict.
"I will, promise," I was interrupted by my mom calling that dinner was ready, "I have to go now. Talk to you tomorrow."
We both said goodbye as I hung up. She sounded a little sad, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. I grabbed a pair of black basketball shorts in my drawer as I made my way down to the kitchen.
I entered to find both of my parents. My dad must've got home not too long ago. His car wasn't in the driveway when Donna left.
"Hey, princess, how was school?" He asked me as I sat down at the table. My mom had already fixed my plate and made a glass of sweet tea for me.
"It was fine," I sipped on my tea before I dug in on the food.
"She didn't skip detention today," said my mom as she nudged her elbow on my dad. His face held surprise, not believing what he just heard. I always skipped detention.
"That's, uh, good!" He said.
I smiled as I continued to eat the spaghetti on my plate. I was tired and was ready to take a shower and sleep.
"Yeah, I have to go tomorrow too."
The rest of dinner was quiet. I put my plate in the dishwasher, took a shower, then fell asleep in my cozy bed.

~~~~

I woke up punching my alarm clock to make it shut up. I rubbed my eyes before I sat up. I decided that I'd dress nice today, really nice.
I fetched a navy suit I had in my closet with a white button up. I walked in my bathroom to pamper myself.
My hair fell to the side of my face. I brushed it back a few times with my hand before I realized it was going to stay that way. I then stared at myself in the mirror. I unbuttoned the top two buttons on my shirt.
I thought I looked great. I walked to my closet one last time to slip on my black dress shoes.
I grabbed my car keys from my end table and my backpack then headed out the door.
My parents had already left for work so I had to lock up the house. I turned to my beautiful car in the driveway and smirked. I love my car so much.
I cranked up the engine and switched on the radio to classic rock. I backed out the driveway as my phone screamed at me that I reviewed a text message.
It was from Brooke, hey, wanna come get me?
I wasn't running late, even if I was I wouldn't have cared. I texted back saying I was coming and headed down the street to her house. She didn't live far from me at all, so it wasn't a waste of gas.
I pulled in her driveway and she immediately hopped into the car.
"Damn, Alex."
I looked at her.
"You look stunning!" She complemented.
"Thanks," I laughed.
She pulled out a cigarette and offered me one. I accepted it. I placed it between my teeth as Brooke lit it. I exhaled the smoke slowly. It feels great to have something to calm me.
I pulled into the parking lot and finished the last bit of my cigarette. I opened my door and tossed it on the ground, stepping on it in the process. I grabbed the perfume I kept in my glove box out and sprayed myself, then offering it to Brooke.
"Nah, I put on some at home," she said. We could hear the bell ring to begin first period. "See you later!"
I could've sworn I wasn't going to be late, guess I was wrong.
I locked my car as I swung my bag over my shoulder. Madison is probably going to complain to me that I'm late....again.
I made my way threw the empty hallway to Geometry. I knocked on the door and was greeted by a not-to-happy Madison.
"Miss Bradford," her eyes quickly checked me out, "you're late."
"I'm aware. I'm sorry." I apologized.
She opened up the door the rest of the way to allow me to come in. I walked in the room and the class stared at me.
"She's fucking killing me," I heard one girl say. I took that as a complement.
I walked down the aisle and sat in my cold, hard seat. I had a paper already on my desk, like Madison knew I was going to be late.
Madison stood at the white board explaining how to do something. I'm sure she said what it was at the beginning of class, which I was not here for.
I stared at her beautiful figure. She wore dark jeans that she rolled at the bottom, black Converse, and a black blouse. She looked hot. Her shirt cut low enough to get someone distracted.
I raised my hand.
"Yes, Alex?" She called my name.
"Yeah, um, what are you doing?" I leaned forward on my elbows.
"If you were here on time you would've known."
I raised my eyebrows at her remark.
"I'm going over on how to use sohcahtoa," she turned back around and continued to explain.
I already knew how to do the whole SOHCAHTOA thing. I could've sworn we done that shit last year.
Before I knew it the bell rang to dismiss us for second period. Madison watched as everyone stormed out of the class. I gave her a quick wink just before I walked out into the hallway for my next class.