Chapter 15

Donna had confessed to me she made feeling towards me last night. I'll admit I had some feelings for her as well, but Madison. Madison had a huge piece of my heart.
I'm aware that we have ignored that we were teacher and student and went out together, which could've been extremely bad if we got caught. But no one has yet, no one knows about us except for Haven and Donna.
When Madison told me that she couldn't do this anymore I broke. I was usually the one to leave, but now I know the feeling of being left. It hurts. I can't believe that I used to do that and feel nothing, like Madison did.
I laid in my bed and stared at the ceiling. Her face never leaving my mind. Her expressions she had when she told me, seemed like she didn't care. Yet again she could've and I was too hurt to see.
Madison was the first girl I had feeling like this for. There was a 8 year age difference, but age never bothered me. Maybe it did for her...

*Madison's POV*

When I told Alex that I couldn't do this anymore, her face held so much shock. My heart sank when I saw what I believe we're tears in her eyes. I didn't have time to explain to her why I was doing this.
She quickly stood up from her seat and swung her belongings over her shoulder. I was going to tell her why but the words were caught in my throat. She slammed my door closed, causing me to jump. I wasn't expecting her to stay afterwards.
It was silent. Then I heard Mr. Neil's voice, "Miss Bradford, you're suppose to be in detention."
"Fuck detention!" She screamed back, obviously not caring if anyone heard her.
I looked down at my paper, trying to forget all that happened, when suddenly there was a knock at my door.
"Come in," I said brushing off my emotions like nothing had happened.
"Do you know what's wrong with Alex?" Mr. Neil asked me, closing the door behind him.
"No, sir. She just came in, sat down, then next thing you know she was out the door," I lied. There's no way in hell that I would say what actually happened. Mr. Neil hovered in front of me, his hands in his pockets of his black dress pants.
"You don't have to call me sir out of school hours, You can call me Owen," he said as she gave me a charming smile, showing his white teeth.
I smiled in response, not having anything to say.
"Keep an eye on her, will you?" He lastly said before leaving my room, leaving the door open.

~~~~

When I got home that night I debated with myself if I should call Alex. I decided not to, she probably didn't want me in touch with her. But I was so worried about her, I know her and she could hurt herself.
I really like Alex, no not like...love? Yes, I loved Alexandria. I hated to admit it due to a 8 year age difference and she's my student, but I couldn't help it.
My heart was stabbed repeatedly when I told her. I caused her so much pain. I know now that during class she probably won't gaze at me the way she used to. She wouldn't wink at me when no one was watching. We wouldn't exchange smiles.
We're done...maybe.
I couldn't decide what I wanted. Yes, I wanted Alex, but risking my job that I worked hard for is important to me, and I needed that too.
Maybe tomorrow I could explain to her...