Chapter 4-Detention Is a Bitch

Chapter 4

Detention Is a Bitch

Detention. If there is anything as boring as detention, its detention with  Zach-ass. Because all he does is throw paper balls on me just to get my attention. But I don’t care, he’s the one that landed us in this trouble and I hate him even more for that. That little talk we had in the hallway, had led us to end up in the principal’s office. And let me tell you people that man was not pleased, not pleased at all. Who would be anyway? After we were ushered into the principal Mr. Rigby’s office, it had only all gotten worse. With the fact that Zach had just spilled the beans of my crush on Jay Carter, it was quite a scene. People had been talking about it for a long time. Oh well, going back to what happened at the principal’s office. It kind of went like this...

“Miss Winters, care to explain what was going on?” Mr. Rigby had asked, clasping his fingers together on the desk as we sat opposite to him.

“Umm well sir we had uh a little talk is all. It’s nothing serious really,” I told him, with a nervous laugh escaping my lips.

“Really? It didn’t seem like nothing serious. Mr. Davidson, what would you like to say about your behaviour of yelling in the hallway when classes are going on?” Mr. Rigby turned to Zach with a sickly sweet grin across his face. Silly sarcastic old man.

“I’m sorry sir, we just had an argument. It won’t happen again,” Zach-ass replied, acting all cool calm and collected as if nothing had happened few minutes ago. What an ass.

“Yes sir, I’m sorry too. We won’t let that happen again,” I said and Mr. Rigby sighed, shaking his head and adjusting his glasses.

“Well, I hope it doesn’t happen again. You two get a week’s detention.”

“What?” The both of us said in unison, glancing at each other. Detention the fuck? We were just arguing for crying out loud!

Needless to say we here I am now, stuck in detention after school for an hour, with nothing but complete hatred in mind for Zach-ass. The thing he said about my crush had led to people giggling at me when I passed by the whole day. Thankfully I had been smart enough to sneak around and avoid Jay Carter who was rumoured to be looking for me all the time but hadn’t found me. As for Cole, he had been pestering me all day about what happened in the morning and I had refused to tell him because I was simply bored. Other than that, Chanel and Beth were only as much as shocked about the fact that Zach announced about my big bang crush to half of the student body.

That wasn’t good, that wasn’t good at all.

But it couldn’t be changed anymore. He had spilled it out and I don’t know how he even found out about it because I discreetly remember not telling him anything. Why would I even say anything to him at all? He’s someone I want to bury six feet under, telling him about my huge crush on a guy would totally spoil the purpose of hating his guts and wanting to kill him.

And with him trying to get my attention for I don’t know what was making it all the more worse. For a fact I did not want to talk to him at the moment. First he had called me a bitch, and second he had been the reason for the greatest embarrassment of my life.  Jay Carter knows that I like him, and he wants to talk to me. Oh holy Albus Dumbledore. What the hell am I going to do about this now?

“Psst! Hey Emily!” Another ball of paper smacks my head and I turn around in frustration with a bored look.

“What is that you want Davidson? Can’t you just leave me alone ever?” I say to him with an expression that says stop-bothering-me-or-I’ll-slaughter-your-ass-off.