Chapter 19-The Ex who Wouldn't Take the Hint

Chapter 19

The Ex who Wouldn’t Take the Hint

  Well, annoying ex boyfriends are serious mood killers. They piss you off, they keep your brain occupied with irritating things, and they tell you stuff that you don’t want to hear. For instance, take Jay. He barges into my room-and when I say barges I mean literally barges by throwing open the door of my room- with chocolates and flowers. But haven’t I already mentioned that I don’t like cheesy things of this sort? I know I’ve cleared that out but apparently Jay Carter doesn’t seem to get the point.

And when I push him away and walk out of the room in ignorance, he follows me like a puppy wagging it’s tail. I’m telling you, don’t judge me but I’m seriously starting to get bored of Jay. I mean, agreed that I had this inexcusable and irreversible crush on him but now it feels like I made the worst mistake of my life.

  But no, I don’t regret it. I don’t regret yelling out my feelings for him and nor do I regret the fact that I kissed him drunk, nor the fact that we started dating. Because if that hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have realised what a jerk he is and I would never have gotten rid of that hopeless crush on him. So while I’m trying my best to ignore him while he blabbers on about how sorry he is for what he did, Beth and Cole struggle not to laugh at the whole situation.

 I have to admit, it is funny. I don’t know why I’m not laughing though. Maybe its because he’s such a moron and I’m so not in the mood to entertain him.

“Em, I’m sorry! I was wrong. I know your friends are important to you and you wouldn’t want to leave them because I asked you to. But they piss me off!” he says to me as I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and turn to him.

“FYI, the friends that you’re talking about are standing right behind you and they need one signal from me to punch you in the face, kick you in the nuts and hand them back to you. So if you don’t want to harm your masculinity, I suggest you leave my house right this minute,” I tell  him with a serious expression across my face.

 Because Emily Winters does not change her decisions. If I’ve decided to break up with him since he is an A grade moron, there is nothing in the whole world that will make me get back together with him. And when I say nothing, I mean not even his puppy dog face that he’s trying to make right now. He’s miserably failing because he is such a liar. I can see right through him.

 I gulp down the water from the bottle before replacing it back in the fridge. Beth settles herself behind on the counter while Cole munches on some doritos while quietly watching the scene.

“Can I get a moment alone with you?” Jay asks, glancing at Cole and Beth for a moment, who seem not one bit fazed about what he just said. They know what my answer will be to that, so they sit there without a care in the world. That’s how amazing my friends are, and that’s how much they trust me. And if a douche comes into my life and asks me to leave them for no apparent reason, he will not be tolerated.

“No,” I reply with an adamant expression across my face.

“Em, please. How can you do this? You have a massive crush on me remember?” he says, grabbing my arm and pulling me back to him as I begin to walk outside. He’s placed the hideous flowers and chocolate on the counter and has his hands now ready to be wrapped around me so he can kiss me. Oh no no no, that is not going to happen.

“Okay listen here you fool,” I say to him, pulling my arm away from him and taking a step backwards. “When I said I wanted to break up with you, I meant it. I meant every word of it. Your cocky behaviour is not going to help. There exists no crush that you’re talking about, okay? I do not like you. Whatever feelings I had, have now gone down the drain since you talked complete crap about my best friends. I will not take any of that anymore. So take the hint and get out of my house before I have to call the cops for tresspassing my property.”