Chapter 11- The 'I Declare This a Date' Date

Picture of Cole on the side -->>

Chapter 11

The ‘I Declare This a Date’ Date

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Was Jay really asking me out or did he just declare this as a date? What is happening to my life? I mean the guy who had not looked at me even once in all these years that I’ve had a crush on him, is now giving me more attention than I had ever imagined in my existence up till now. Jay Carter considers this a date. Am I dreaming?

“Emily?” He asks, tapping my hand which is placed on the table.

Can I just jump over and kiss him right now?

“Er yeah I uh, wh-what were you saying?” I shake my head, blinking twice.

Get it together man.

“I said I want this to be our first date.” He smiles, showing his pearly whites and all I can do is stare like a fool.

Why is he so cute again?

“F-first date?” I ask, raising my eyebrows.

Oh my god.

“Yes.” He nods his head.

Is he being too damn sweet right now or am I just turning into a love sick puppy who doesn’t know the difference between reality and my stupidity.

“Jay I-I don’t know why you...ugh. Why are you doing this?” I ask him, groaning inwardly.

The waiter walks back to us, placing the coffees on the table. I grab the cup and sip it immediately, calming my nerves. Believe me this guy was killing me right now. I’d rather just run off somewhere and never show him my face again than sit here and watch him ask me out so casually as if it’s sipping coffee. This seemed like second nature to him.

Why was it necessary for me to have a crush on him again? I was possibly out of my non-existent mind.

“Isn’t it quite obvious when a guy asks a girl out that he likes her?” He flashes a look of disbelief.

Yeah sure you’re the one with the dis-belief look here. I should be doing that!

Stupid guys and their strange behaviours. Sometimes I consider becoming a lesbian. At least there aren’t hassles like these.

Okay seriously shut up.

“You like me?” I blurt out, narrowing my eyes in confusion.

He has got to be kidding me.

“That is why I want this to be a date right?” He says, sippinghis coffee.

“You’re kidding.” I let out a nervous laugh.

He sure is.

“I’m not.”

He shook his head, no.

I don’t believe this.

“Come on Em, why don’t you believe me?” He says and I frown realising I said that out loud.

“Because you never noticed me until Zach spread that rumour around about me liking you.”

“Was that really a rumour?” He smirks, leaning forward on the table.

I resist the urge to smack him across the face. He has to be so utterly gorgeous doesn’t he?

“That’s not the point Jay..” I give him a flat look.