Chapter 22- He Turns Me Into a Mess

Being Zach’s girlfriend was a nightmare. Well, not between me and him but between me and the swarm of girls that have been giving me murderous looks all along. You see, I had thought that we’d keep this whole Zach and Emily dating thing a secret from the school but Zach doesn’t seem to understand. He says that he wants people to know who is girlfriend is. So this morning when Beth and I arrived at school, Zach had walked over to me in the parking lot and planted an obvious kiss on my lips that would explain to everyone that there was something going on between the two of us.

Since we’d returned from the camping trip, things had been good. I had talked to Mandy and mom about whatever had happened while I was busy wallowing in self pity. Mandy had turned considerably sober and I no longer wanted to give her enormous lectures about being with the right kind of people. Mom was relieved and happy, so all in all, everything was perfect. Until now, when all the whore swarm decided to ambush me to ask how good Zach was in bed that I broke up with Jay and went to Zach.

I was surprised actually, seeing as Zach had slept with half the female population in school so they would know how good he was in bed. Needless to say, my first reaction was to blush since Zach and I had done absolutely nothing apart from making out every now and then. But till the time I realized that what the girls said about Zach being good in bed was more of a statement instead of a question like I had thought it would be, I was pulled away from the swarm by the devil himself.

“She’ll let you know how good I am in bed soon, but for that, you’ll have to let her be with me instead of keeping her covered like she’s a celebrity. So let me take care of my girlfriend while you girls go fantasize about me,” he says as he wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me away.

Everyone knows that Zach has never had a serious girlfriend. Most of the girls in school think that I’m another one of his conquests and that he’s soon going to get bored of me, only to go back to the whore swarm. For some reason, this fact bothers me, given Zach’s reputation. He’s only been the best player of school; famous for having taken almost every girl to bed. What if I really am one of his other conquests? What if he’s still the bad boy player that I need to get away from? Maybe I am stupid. Maybe I’m being an idiot again, dating another guy who probably is going to break my heart again. I should’ve known better. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

But it feels so right, does it not? Zach’s not perfect. He’s an idiot at times, he behaved like a serious jerk to me and I’ve hated him almost all my life. How then did I end up developing feelings for him? Maybe it’s because underneath that entire bad boy jerk image, he’s actually a nice guy. He’s been there for Mandy and he’s made mom’s life easier after all the crap that happened with Mandy and her stupid boyfriend Hunter. He’s been there for me when I needed a friend. He-

“What’s that silly little brain busy with?” Zach breaks my train of thought as we sit on the bleachers of the football field.

“Nothing,” I answer distractedly, looking at my nails.

Zach grabs my chin and lifts it so I’m looking directly at him. He has a concerned look on his face as he stares at me. Looking at him right now, it almost seems as if all those thoughts have vanished away and he genuinely likes me, and I’m not one of his conquests.

“What’s wrong?” He asks, raising his eyebrows in an adorable way.

It takes all my willpower to not grab him and kiss him right about now.

“I just-”

I can’t tell him. I won’t tell him what it is that I’m thinking.

“Emily? What is it?” He asks again, stroking his thumb on my cheek softly.